OLTL: Week of August 19, 2013 Discussion

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Episode 54

Dorian on Rama: "Ive always found champagne, when served by a slut, loses its bubbles." :lol:

MollytheMaid sure is acting for a slap! When she was going in on Dani with that drink in her hand, I thought for sure it wound wind up on one of them.

Shelter is such a poorly lit setting. The lighting is downright terrible. I don't get why they don't just turn on the lights. It looks inappropriate for the vent they are having.

WTF is Nikki's problem? Why is she personally going in on Natalie? I never got the impression that she wanted Cutter and is jealous. She seems to be being a b-tch just for the sake of being one.

Oh boy, Clint pushing Bo out of the way and grabbing the award....man this is gonna be a hot mess.

That's it for me. The only reason I watched this first was bc AMC wasn't up. I think I'll save the finale for later

• Members

Episode 55

LMAO at the producer telling the camera man to get Clint's outburst all on film

I noticed how the show had a cold opening, followed by the opening and then the first segment instead of a commercial

Cutter did not cheat on Natalie. They never agreed to be exclusive as they've been trying unsuccessfully for weeks to go on a first date. She really should have heard him out. From what I gather, it doesn't appear that he's been messing with Nikki since Natalie, unless I missed something. Good lord the censoring was ANNOYING during the Cutter and Nikki scene. They did it like 3 times within a minute. Censoring prick? They cant say the word prick?

LMAO at Viki rolling her eyes at Dorian. Dorian is so shady.

Tea is FIERCE in Mama Bear mode. FL and KM did great in their scene. Dani looked so much better in the dress with her hair down. Eww to that old man kissing her. She needs to listen to her mother and run. I really wish Victor or Todd were around now

Let me guess, Carl is the maid's dad? When she mentioned her laundry room, Matthew went "I thought you lived in an apartment". Um, apartments have laundry rooms too even if yours didn't come with one.

Matthew looks short standing side by side with Natalie

That was the big surprise return that was being hyped up? Unimpressed

• Members

I was a bit disappointed in the season finale, it was anti climatic for me.

Hated how cold they wrote Viki, Bo & Nora where Clint was concerned. Glad to see Natalie & Matthew worried about him. I understand tough love and all but they came off as cold and heartless.

• Members

Me too- after it being amazing the last few weeks, I was underwhelmed. Not enough Jeffrey & Carl development- really none at all. All of the sudden a heavy Cutter/Nat focus when it hasn't been all season. And I like Jwoww as the bartender but that doesn't mean we need her focused on heavily. Time spent on Jack/Kate that ultimately led nowhere- I felt like they were building to something & then nothing. Same with the solo Matt/Michelle scene at the end- we needed some bigger reveal on her- otherwise don't play them alone in a finale, no one cares. Apparently according to SOD they cut him having scenes talking about Drew with Nora & Clint for the Michelle stuff at the hospital and I think that was a really bad call.

Loved the actual Man of the Year stuff with JvD though and Dani/Arturo. Still really looking forward to S2.

• Members

Viki was completely acting OOC in the finale when it came to Clint's meltdown at the gala! Clint was there for her throughout her DID illness, and Viki was there for him when he had his heart attack and heart transplant two years ago on ABC's OLTL. WTF?!?!?! Nikki ruining Cutter and Natalie's relationship was lame! Cutter wasn't cheating on Natalie with Nikki while he was courting her, since Nikki said that he was ignoring her since he started to see Natalie, and I know that Natalie didn't want Cutter to cheat on her, but they had just started dating, and they weren't exclusive at first because they have been trying to get a date with each other for several weeks, and Natalie knew that he was a womanizer in the first place! I think it was just way too soon to break up Cutter and Natalie! And Natalie should've kicked Allison's ass instead of screaming in horror at her at the hospital!

• Members

I haven't been able to tell how much time has passed in Llanview since the first episode so maybe Cutter has still been sleeping with Nikki. She said it had been 'months.'

I think either Carl or Allison will be Michelle's parent. She's gotta be one of the tattoo people, she's playing Matthew like a fiddle. I think it goes beyond crazy and insecure. I wish we could've learned more about her before the season ended. She was so obnoxious with Dani but the actress played it really well.

Right? SO lame. Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with said actor/character and I think the return will clear up some loose ends, but I was hoping they'd bring someone back that hadn't been on in a long while. I hope they see how well AMC has used long gone fan favorites to re-energize the canvas and bring a few people back. There are so many areas of the former canvas that weren't properly utilized and would fit perfectly in the reboot.

• Members

I wonder what Arturo whispered in Téa's ear? Was it just me or did he look slightly turned on by Téa's threats and rants in Spanish? When Bandini first arrived on the scene, I speculated that maybe we may get the impression that something is brewing between Arturo and Dani but there might be something ultimately between Téa and Arturo. Don't tell me he wants both the Daughter and the Mother??!

Carl Petersen really saved Dorian from eternal humiliation. I am not sure why she thought anyone would bid on that portrait.

The actual stuff with Clint totally disrupting the proceedings was a hoot! Nikki was out of control, has anyone checked her blood alcohol level.

I haven't seen the 2nd installment yet and I'm avoiding most posts so that I don't get the final episode of the season completely spoiled. I've already accidentally seen one or two speculative posts (not on this site). I may have to watch later today, so I don't run into any re-cap or summary posts.

So far, I thought the actors have all been fairly competent (give or take one or two exceptions) and performed as they should but something about the writing and direction (and possibly some post production things) has been somewhat clunky in this episode.

For instance, those scenes between Jack and Kate seem particularly out of place for some reason.

I know they were trying to have another B story beside the A story of the Man of the Year party but the jump cuts in the Jack and Kate scenes appeared particularly jarring and herky jerky adjacent to the Gala scenes.

The transitions lacked flow.

So far not bad but I will see about the next episode.

Archived