The Stafford Project: TECHNICALITIES Episode one.

• Members
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The opening "funny" stares to camera with the "laugh dammit laugh!" music were cringeworthy and almost made me stop watching. I'm glad I did, though, because it was amusing. And fascinating to watch. Michelle is playing herself, pretty much. And clearly there is a lot of her in Phyllis. Her little girl is adorable, too (picking her nose lol), and all this adds up to a scripted 'reality show' which is exactly the kind of thing she is militating against in the scene with her agent! Meta Michelle.

I'm not really one for soap-stars web efforts, but I'll tune into episode 2 to see how it progresses. MS has presence. And, yes, her hair color is very becoming.

• Members

Well it is promising. The production values seem higher than VR's kickstarter promo, that's for sure.

She's definitely talented. But the writing, eh. Do these writers understand that a script needs polishing? And then some more polishing? There are tons of 'cute', 'nice', 'interesting' shows out there, but you've got to work to make yours unique. I feel the episode was kinda direction-less.

What about the views? What's the goal for a series like this? Does MS know that a webseries needs promoting beside a quick mention in a TV Guide interview? Last time I checked it had 350 views. Seems an awfully low number.

• Members

YouTube takes awhile to add up views. For example, it already has 448 likes and only 11 downs. That's a lot of feedback. The same thing happens when new music videos hit. Day 1 is really low and then it catches up on Day 2. For example, her coming soon video already has 13,000 hits. Like any shows, the intro is going to be slow - have to introduce who's who, etc. It was pretty funny. MS seems like a pretty grounded person - she drives a BUICK SVU, for goodness sake! Also, there is no need for comparisons to VR - both women are unbelievably talented. I hope they both find huge success.

• Members

I see. Well my webseries got 20,000 views for the first episode in a couple of days and I'm a nobody. I just think what these shows lack is good old fashioned promoting for obvious reasons, I hope MS knew better as to allocate some money in the budget for promoting.

Sorry, I didn't mean to compare the two of them exactly. I was just taking MS's work as a parameter for what a professional actress's webseries can look like, if that makes sense. I like both VR and MS, even if they can supposedly be a piece of work bts (but then again, I can be a piece of work too at times, so I can't blame them).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived