Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

The Stafford Project: TECHNICALITIES Episode one.

Young and The Restless Michelle Stafford Webisodes

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 rhinohide

rhinohide

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

http://www.youtube.c...LSlBj2oOl4Pzs0n

I really enjoyed this.  Michelle looks great with darker hair, and her comedic talent is great.  I do hope this leads to something more for her. 

#2 Cat

Cat

THIS hot bitch

• Members
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

The opening "funny" stares to camera with the "laugh dammit laugh!" music were cringeworthy and almost made me stop watching. I'm glad I did, though, because it was amusing. And fascinating to watch. Michelle is playing herself, pretty much. And clearly there is a lot of her in Phyllis. Her little girl is adorable, too (picking her nose lol), and all this adds up to a scripted 'reality show' which is exactly the kind of thing she is militating against in the scene with her agent! Meta Michelle.

I'm not really one for soap-stars web efforts, but I'll tune into episode 2 to see how it progresses. MS has presence. And, yes, her hair color is very becoming.

Edited by Cat, 05 August 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#3 DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 14,370 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

Horrible.

#4 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,707 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Haha, she's already done more than Victoria Rowell

#5 Aback

Aback

Contract

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

Well it is promising. The production values seem higher than VR's kickstarter promo, that's for sure.

She's definitely talented. But the writing, eh. Do these writers understand that a script needs polishing? And then some more polishing? There are tons of 'cute', 'nice', 'interesting' shows out there, but you've got to work to make yours unique. I feel the episode was kinda direction-less.

What about the views? What's the goal for a series like this? Does MS know that a webseries needs promoting beside a quick mention in a TV Guide interview? Last time I checked it had 350 views. Seems an awfully low number.

#6 edgeofnik

edgeofnik

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

What about the views? What's the goal for a series like this? Does MS know that a webseries needs promoting beside a quick mention in a TV Guide interview? Last time I checked it had 350 views. Seems an awfully low number.

YouTube takes awhile to add up views. For example, it already has 448 likes and only 11 downs. That's a lot of feedback. The same thing happens when new music videos hit. Day 1 is really low and then it catches up on Day 2. For example, her coming soon video already has 13,000 hits. Like any shows, the intro is going to be slow - have to introduce who's who, etc. It was pretty funny. MS seems like a pretty grounded person - she drives a BUICK SVU, for goodness sake! Also, there is no need for comparisons to VR - both women are unbelievably talented. I hope they both find huge success.

#7 Aback

Aback

Contract

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:58 AM

YouTube takes awhile to add up views. For example, it already has 448 likes and only 11 downs. That's a lot of feedback. The same thing happens when new music videos hit. Day 1 is really low and then it catches up on Day 2. For example, her coming soon video already has 13,000 hits. 

I see. Well my webseries got 20,000 views for the first episode in a couple of days and I'm a nobody. I just think what these shows lack is good old fashioned promoting for obvious reasons, I hope MS knew better as to allocate some money in the budget for promoting.

Also, there is no need for comparisons to VR - both women are unbelievably talented. I hope they both find huge success.

Sorry, I didn't mean to compare the two of them exactly. I was just taking MS's work as a parameter for what a professional actress's webseries can look like, if that makes sense. I like both VR and MS, even if they can supposedly be a piece of work bts (but then again, I can be a piece of work too at times, so I can't blame them).

#8 bluejeanbaby3

bluejeanbaby3

RIP Y&R. Thanks for the memories.

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:58 AM

I enjoyed it.  There are 11,099 views now.

Hotness, what's the link to your webseries?

#9 AllMyDaysatGH

AllMyDaysatGH

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,404 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:20 AM

I really, really enjoyed this. I'm a sucker for the mockumentary style cinematography & editing. This was really well done and I'll continue to watch! I had no clue MS was so funny. Never was into her/Y&R before.

#10 Cat

Cat

THIS hot bitch

• Members
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

She owes a big debt of gratitude to Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm, that's for sure.

#11 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 13,146 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Hilarious. Loved it.

#12 DramatistDreamer

DramatistDreamer

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

She owes a big debt of gratitude to Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm, that's for sure.

And Cynthia Watros' web series which was probably a blueprint.

#13 rlj

rlj

Contract

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

Joshua Morrow will appear in the 3rd episode, which will be on YT tomorrow.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Young and The Restless, Michelle Stafford, Webisodes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users