• Members

I'm thinking that it is a bit of foreshadowing when David told Colby that the quiet types are the ones most likely to push back the hardest in the end (don't remember the exact quote) when they were talking about Celia. That scene where Celia was giving it back to Colby had a good deal of bite to it. Enjoyable.

Not to draw comparisons between soaps but I appreciate that Cara is showing some conflicted feelings about keeping Oliver away from his father David. J.R., has his own motives for talking Cara out of further consideration of the notion of confessing all. When and if Cara discovers that J.R. has been using her prescription pad to procure steroids, I wonder will she ever regard anything he says again? Or will the fact that he is helping to shelter her son and mother make her amenable?

Dmitry was giving the classic soap stare at David after David boasted his invite to the gala courtesy of Colby.

Colby, by the way, has some of the best dialogue going right now-- "...balls in a jar..." How many times will this phrase be entering my mind for the rest of the day?laugh.png

Do Dixie and Celia know each other? I'm trying to recall...that hug was expected, given the moment but I was still taken aback by it.

Dr. Anders is right about Cass needing to begin therapy at home or outside of the PVH but his manner of putting things is so abrasive, he really has not one iota of bedside manner. I guess soon, it will be revealed why he has closed off his emotions soon.

I like Heather and all but she looked like an extra from Hairspray with that 'do and outfit. The outfit, I could've managed but I did not care for that hive hairstyle. I know she was going for vintage but it was overwhelmingly retro. There's retro and then there's R-E-T-R-O!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Both work for the Miranda Center. I think its reasonable that they know of each other through that organization. Celia also happens to be friends with Dixie's grandson and they've likely seen each other at the Chandler mansion before

• Members

A party with...gasp.. people there!?!?!

Hunter= wub.png

Loved the build-up to the gala episode, and the first episode of the gala was great as well! It was genius to have Opal as the fashion commentator... you so know that if the show was on ABC that Kendall or Greenlee would have been in that position.. thank gosh for small favors!

While I don't agree with Zach comparing Lea to Kendall, he was correct in stating that Kendall always did have a barrier up.. which is totally in character.. and her brief appearance a few weeks still plays this up.

• Members

If this season ends with Celia shivving poor Colby and lying there in a pool of the heiress's blood, singing to herself, I'll be happy.

And I'm sorry, but if you don't watch these shows on a proper TV, you are missing out. They look gorgeous.

• Members

I watched ep 50 again. This time I actually heard AJ quip "Don't hate" laugh.png gave me life

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Hunt reminds me of Damon when he first came on the show (looks & attitude wise)

rolleyes.gif AND WHAT would've been the PROBLEM with THAT? dry.png

tongue.png IDK about Greenlee but they definitely might've had Kendall do it; And the carpet would be sponsored by Fusion Cosmetics icon1.gifwub.png

• Members

I only watch these shows on TV and they do look amazing. Production values have improved so much from the beginning. And speaking of improvement, I can't get over how good AMC has gotten. The only thing missing is a strong Kane presence, but I'm willing to be patient since everything else is coming together so well.

They've had to do a lot of damage control with Celia, but it's working now. Now that she's out of Petey's immediate orbit I find myself liking her. She works REALLY well with Colby and I'm hopeful they keep that going for a long, long time. They feel very old school soap and it's nice to see them build a successful rivalry. On the subject of Petey, did anybody else get the Josh Duhamel reference? He starred in a movie called Win A Date With Tad Hamilton. I think that might be the inspiration for "Win A Date With Pete Cortlandt." Loooooved the cliffhanger and the previews for next week. Jason Derulo and JR vs Brooke, Angie looking radiant. I live for these soap events and this is one to remember.

• Members

My laptop has a nearly 20 inch screen and is in 1080p HD resolution. The picture looks far better than both of my TVs right now (LOL). I have one of those gamer laptops, and it's only 2 years old so the image is actually stunning!

Seeing my previous post I realize that I posted about Cara being conflicted about whether to tell David about Oliver being a good thing and I contrasted it to another soap but I never mentioned the soap. Oops, I meant the Y&R where Chelsea seems to to forget that she's pulling a fast one over on Adam. What a difference it makes when the writer is actually doing half way decent work! Just thought I'd slip that one in there (LOL) I know...nobody cares but me (LOL).

• Members

I still don't get Cara's reasoning.. it just seems illogical that she thinks David is too dangerous for her son but some how JR isn't.

I want crazy JR back BTW. I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea but I just love the way JY played him as this distructive screw up bordering on cartoonish levels of misplaced anger.

But I will say if we can't get crazy JR, from what they are showing .of Celia she might make a nice substitute. I just think every soap needs a nutty character.. Not Stefano from DOOL nutty, but just that one character whose logic seems to exist in another world.

They've got that foing with the Michelle character on OLTL and I am liking it so far.

I loved everything about BCT in these episodes. Especially the randomness of him being hit in the head by Miranda's shoe.

Lastly, there are no Kanes on this show at all. With the way they left things between Miranda and Bianca it is just unsatisfying for me and I hope they can at least get ER back to salvage Bianca as a mother. I still can't stand Hunter and honestly think he should talk to Dixie about his odd obsession with lesbianism.

Archived