• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would go for it, except it's just such camp - which the show needs a break from - and I don't think Viki's alters need to be out again any time soon. The DID stories and alters all need a long rest - and then they need to go back to being serious and scary, like they were in the '90s. There's the old anecdote about how in '68, Niki left notes for Viki talking about how much she hated her or something before we ever saw Niki or knew who was writing the notes. That's creepy [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

DEAD. Literally almost. Laughing at that comment caused me to choke on a piece of popcorn and I thought my life was ending. Jean is my favorite alter.

My mom ALWAYS talks about how scary the Viki/Niki thing was with Gillian Spencer's Viki- like terrifying psychological drama stuff. Her next experience with DID was with Cartini Tess (long break from soaps) so we had quite a few convos about the umm different spin. And it was riveting, serious stuff in the 90s- I didn't understand exactly what DID was as a kid (and god knows my grandmother did not explain well) but I remember it was truly played as an illness that was serious and scary for Viki and everyone around Viki.

Even though ES is always a revelation as the alters, I'm cool with not seeing them for a good long time or even ever again (beauty of YouTube).

• Members

I'm not sure how much exists anymore, if any.

I've always wanted to go downtown to the TV & Radio Museum or whatever and see the old '60s episodes they supposedly have in there. I've never done it. Maybe this week.

greens, I've told this story many times but when I was a kid watching in the '90s, I'd had no idea Viki had had DID, ever. (I had however already suspected Victor had molested Viki, because the backstory they kept referring to for him struck that chord for me.) So when Viki turned on Dorian in early '95 and called her a stupid bitch and threw her down some stairs I was absolutely terrified. I'd never ever seen Viki like that - she was like my mom - and I had no idea what was going on.

• Members

I wonder just how much Jeffrey knows about this tattoo organization and their plans. Like was he sent to Llanview to use his history to get close to Dani so he could harm her when they decide to target her again? Man I hope not. I hope he's clueless as to her even being on their radar

• Members

IIRC, the SOD article about it had Corbin Bleu saying Jeffrey genuinely cares for Viki.

Didn't Jeff bring the story on Dorian to Viki himself? Dorian was the fall guy (girl, whatever) for whoever was tied to those black ops sites on the Senate Intelligence Committee - it behooved them to set her up. So I imagine Jeff might know that. Or he might not.

The idea of a journalist being a covert mole is not unheard of, either - I know Bob Woodward, who blew open Watergate, has been said for years to have ties to either the CIA or military intelligence for decades, I can't recall which. Intelligence agencies often use people in the media to expedite. It's actually very topical, IMO, so long as it finally starts going somewhere. It's a great twist and can electrify that dead story, which had a great concept but utterly no movement for way too long.

I expect Jeffrey knows a lot, but not everything. He has to be redeemable, of course. I doubt he knows about Dani, the Todds, etc.

Archived