AMC/OLTL: What PP should have done IMO

• Members

Linda I didnt know you had a seat at the negotiating table. Oh wait you, dont. So do us all a favor here and when you write of something you have no idea what you speak of add an In my opinion there. Please don't write like you know how contract talks between PP & the actors go.

IMO, the actors may perfer one year deals. Gives them more flexability

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For GODS sake do you know anything about how a soap works let alone how to read the opening credits? The first writers are the Head Writers, then they go down from there. Chip and Lisa were never HW's!! They were script/breakdown writers for the most part. They were not in charge of story!!! They did what the job description told them to do. Actually, if someone like Chip/Lisa or Addie was hired as HW within the last 5-10 years I bet the show would have been thriving!

I wonder who the last HW was that was hired within besides McTavish??

• Members

Gordon Rayfield I think? But Frons obviously hired him as a stop gap while trying to get McTavish or another higher profile name when he came in--which is what he did. I don't believe Rayfield had a big history there though... (Frons should have just kept Culliton on till then but I guess that may have cost more money....)

• Members

And you know what the actors' reps are planning how exactly? I can't imagine these actors reps are encouraging them to play serious hardball with a start-up company because outlandish demands will likely not be met. Thee actors seem to grasp that working with PP on what is essentially a pilot program of sorts is vastly different than negotiating with ABC in 1990- I'm not sure why you can't. AMC is making it work without Lucci- I love many of these actors but I don't think anyone should feel that they're not expendable. Honestly, I'll be surprised to see any of the veteran AMC cast walking away- everyone seemed nothing but gung ho on the way they were treated during filming & they seem to love their EP. It may not be a fixed schedule but its acting work with their old friends with a bulit-in fanbase.

• Members

Eric, it's fine and believe me, I wasn't offended. I just didn't want to seem like the voice of negativity, or like I was pushing any sort of agenda. I'd like (both of) these shows to succeed.

Vee, believe me, I'm not waiting for these writers to be gone - I'm waiting for them to stay for a while, and to be empowered to do good work for more than a nanosecond. What you said about OLTL is actually kind of ironic, because that was the show I was most looking forward to seeing again, but that's been 99% absence from this back and forth. The length of time that I watched AMC on Hulu was probably the longest time I ever watched the show, ever. But the Nixon shows were the remaining shows, at the time they went off, that were closest to what I would like to see in soaps, so again I'm hoping for the best across the board.

• Members

They've done good work for more than a nanosecond, though. This whole run of shows is that team. You don't have to miss a thing. And the people that replaced them were on the existing team and come highly recommended - there's nothing to despair about, at least not yet.

Archived