TOLN Announces Season Finales of AMC/OLTL

• Members

Press Release:

THE ONLINE NETWORK ANNOUNCES FIRST SEASON FINALES FOR ICONIC SERIES

‘ONE LIFE TO LIVE’ (AUGUST 19) AND ‘ALL MY CHILDREN’ (SEPTEMBER 2)

Los Angeles, CA – AUGUST 1, 2013 — Prospect Park’s The OnLine Network (TOLN) today announced their first season finales of their acclaimed dramas, “One Life To Live” on Monday, August 19th and “All My Children” on Monday, September 2nd. Both of these iconic series, which premiered to great fanfare this past April, have consistently ranked in the top 10 on iTunes, Hulu and Hulu Plus, and have had tens of millions of views since their historic online debut. TOLN also announced that future seasons of the shows will benefit from the launch of a new, user-friendly web portal and app that will make it even easier for fans to connect with their favorite characters and will take their level of interaction to a whole new level.

“We could not be more proud to have delivered a stunning season of ‘All My Children’ and One Life to Live,’ and really thank the creative teams and cast for being true partners in this journey. Together we have tackled more business, creative, and logistical challenges than most shows experience in a lifetime of production, yet we continue to prevail with these top rated, critically acclaimed shows,” said Kwatinetz. “We are prepping now for next season and have more surprises and twists and turns to deliver audiences—I am just hoping they stay on the soaps and not in our way.”

TOLN’s new digital destination for the network, www.toln.com, will feature dedicated series pages, enhanced video content, detailed show descriptions, cast and character pages, a photo gallery with social shopping functionality, links to the social media communities for both shows on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. and much more. The complimentary mobile app for iOS and Android will allow fans to watch full length episodes of ”One Life to Live” and “All My Children,” in addition to exclusive clips, interviews and behind-the-scenes footage. The TOLN app will work on iOS (3G and Retina Display) and Android devices.

The first season of “All My Children” wraps up by answering many of the seasons burning questions. Will Angie and Jesse finally bring home Cassandra after her horrific journey? Will the ordeal bring them closer or is Jesse keeping another secret that could put his family in jeopardy? Will Pete finally end up with Celia or doColby and Opal have other plans? And what of Dimitri’s feelings for Brooke? Miranda’s for AJ? Zach’s for Kendall? And is there a big surprise in store for Cara, JR andDavid about Oliver? Lots of action to come.

This season of “One Life to Live” wraps as the entire town of Llanview attends the annual Man of the Year Gala. Viki and Dorian, co-chairs of the planning committee, hope that the event will go off without a hitch. However, with the conflicts between many of the characters brewing to the surface, that looks nearly impossible. Fireworks explode and it all comes to a head with the shocking return of a fan favorite in a big way. Everything comes to a head on the season finale of “One Life to Live!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmm this is so strange. I wonder when the new seasons will start. I mean, we always knew there would be a month or two off with how many episodes they planned initially but there definitely won't be 100some episodes by the time the season finales air. I guess this is to catch up on the filming that they've missed due to the union issue?

I really want to know who the OLTL fan favorite is. It better not be Victor.

• Members

SID is reporting that PP hs not announced yet wen the new seasons start.

The question is when and whether or not they plan to cut cast members (or recast characters) or cut airtime further than it's already been cut. I feel both cast are too large for the model they're working with ( a hour a week)

• Members

Haha for real though. Does this mean the return has already been filmed? Jen made it sound like they hadn't filmed it yet. I guess it's possible to film something with said actor the first week back and insert it as the cliffhanger.

Isn't August 19 the first airdate for Ron Raines? So we get him for one episode? Wtf.

Archived