DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jen is going to work from home again bc she doesn't want to see Daniel. I cant with her childish bullsh-t!

FINALLY JJ interacts with Lucas and it looks like he's about to tell him why he's grounded and all the crap Daniel's done and said about him...I hope Lucas confronts that a-hole for messing with his nephew!

I hate the idea of Teresa falling for Daniel but I like the idea of her messing with Jennifer

YEAH! Finally Teresa and Anne interact onscreen. They need to bond over their mutual hate of Jennifer. Today is shaping up to be a GOOD day. I need Lucas to go over to the hospital to confront Daniel over Will and to run into Anne at the same time and bond with her over their mutual hate for Dannifer. Please Days, let it happen!

ETA: Scratch what I said. Hope and Maxine are on heavy Dannifer propping duty today. What a disappointment. I shouldn't have gotten ahead of myself

• Members

I watched live today is the show normally like this? It felt like the show went out of sorts in order to prop up this Dannifer pairing. Literally every scene was about them or felt like it was about them. They even had Hope bring up Jack in order to pimp out this pairing. Unreal. I don't really understand the point of Lucas anymore, or what his purpose was in his scenes with Jennifer. It's like they used him for window dressing in his scenes with her, she easily could have just done a monologue or soliloquy and it would have accomplished the same thing, maybe add in some flashbacks if needed. It seemed like he was only there so Jennifer could cry, complain and bitch about how hard her life is and well that could have been accomplished without Lucas being there.

• Members

I did love Anne giving Theresa a dressing down. It would be nice to have them as frienemies now that Anne's other BFF Chloe no longer is in the picture.

It was nice to see J.J. / Lucas interact. I love how everyone has J.J.'s number and that they aren't afraid to call him on it at moment in time. I don't feel sorry for J.J. though when it comes to Daniel. He really has made his own bed there. It was nice to see a level headed Lucas, which is something we don't always see.

I'm curious to see where the Nicole / J.J. scene goes. I didn't expect the episode to head in that direction.

Yeah, they can be a bit heavy with the Dannifer stuff.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but they have dropped Bryan Dattillo to recurring so essential TPTB do view him as supporting. I think that the current team has done a nice job remembering that Jennifer and Lucas are siblings. Jennifer needed an outlet and Lucas worked because he isn't pro-Daniel.

• Members

Days must know that Dannifer are unbearable, hence why they are throwing Anne, JJ and Theresa at them. I swear, I saw Anne on yesterday's episode and actually cheered. It has been so long! And she was magnificent putting Theresa in her place.

Can't stand Dr. McHairy passing around photos of himself topless while being all "Hey lady nurses! Check me out almost naked! Gosh I was in the water so long, I was wrinkling like a prune!" ::faux-modest chuckle::

Hope and Eric had one of the best scenes of the episode. I really enjoyed seeing them finally talk about how Nicole is obviously in love with Father Eric.

• Members

For me, it's specifically Jennifer that I find unbearable these days. It's not because of MR's politics either. Sure, maybe that colors it a tiny bit, but Jennifer is such a harpy. Even when Jennifer is in the right, I need her to STFU. The reason so many of us root for Ann is that she's right about Jennifer. Maybe we are supposed to see Ann as a bitter shrew, but I don't. I see her as someone who does her job, while little miss Jennie does whatever she wants because she's a Horton and a little blonde barbie who's dating a doctor.

I don't have a problem with Daniel, although I'd rather see him with someone else. I don't have the same long term history with DOOL that I do with other soaps, so Daniel's existence doesn't offend me the way it does some long term viewers.

• Members

IKR? I couldn't believe she went home AGAIN. Why does she even bother showing up as she can never stay at the hospital for an entire episode. She says she goes home to work yet we see her chilling out, going for jogs, hanging out in the town square, socializing at the Pub, going on dates, screwing Daniel, etc... Working from home my ass!

I forgot to mention but I LOVED how JJ handled Nicole. Boy was she a bitch and an annoying one at that. He definetly got her number good and I liked him calling her out on what he did to his mother last year

Chad has a brain tumor like Lexie. Ugh! Its what I suspected. I really hope he doesn't die but I fear he will

tumblr_inline_mqvxtmRLXH1qz4rgp.jpg

LOL...I thought she was going to be Susan, but instead she used Susan as her inspiration for this getup

Here's a lovely high quality image of Jen Lilley (Teresa)

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/images/downloads/008-Days_Calendar_Aug_1920x1080.jpg

Archived