Michelle Stafford interview in SOD about her Y&R exit

• Members

Staff_cover.jpg

and here's an excerpt:

Digest: How would you feel if the show recast you?

Stafford: You know what? Let's be honest with this. I absolutely think they will if they haven't already done it. They are just going to be quiet about it. And I say this because the character is so instrumental in the show, and I really, really take it as a compliment that they don't want to lose the character. The character of Phyllis is such a driver of people's stories. She is so instrumental in how they are writing the story now, very instrumental in Jack's life, Avery's life, Summer's life and Nick's life. Phyllis created conflict. This is a soap opera. As a producer, I see how they can't lose the character. I'm pretty sure they will recast. They may, as a courtesy, ask if I wanted to come back; I don't know, they may not. It's okay with me. It doesn't matter because I am done. I'm completely done. And I'm not upset if they recast, I totally would understand. Even when I called Angelica [McDaniel, head of CBS Daytime], I said, 'You will probably recast.' And she said, 'No, no, no. We won't recast.' And I said, 'Well, I have some ideas, if you are interested.'

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very interesting that SHE insists onc alling Angelica McDaniels to tell her about her exit... Could JFP have played hard ball with MS and handed her a very slashed down take it or leave it contract renewal?? If so: good for her!

I'm sure it's being a mom. THats what you say until you get a hot new gig to brag about. LOL

• Members

The entire interview reads like MS was not happy with the direction of her character. She knew that they were doing this paternity SL and figured this was the best time to see if she could force their hand into giving in to whatever she wanted. They surprised her with a big fat no. She says no one tried to talk her into staying. I am sure that was a shock to her. The call to Agelica McDaniel was probably to let her know what was going on to see what she could/would do...Nothing. Regardless of how diplomatic MS tries to sound, it still comes across as bitter.

And all this talk about how instrumental Phyllis is to the show. Chile stop. Phyllis is not. While she has been written into every SL going over the last 3 years before JFP took over, doesn't make her instrumental. It makes her overused and over exposed.

Goodbye!

• Members

I love web series but come on...no one leaves a steady large pay check on daytime where they are a vet with a huge following to do a web series, a gig in which most actors don't even get paid. If she had left to go to GH or Days or any other TV show, I wouldn't have batted an eye.

Archived