Bye CBS?

Soapsuds

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No goodguys in this dispute. One makes crap TV, the other charges me blind for the crap TV I don't even watch. CBS can go out of business and I don't think it would affect even a minute of my current TV viewing. And Time/Warner are total and complete crooks who will find a way of raising the price on to me.

• Members

Riddle me this, folks: how in the hell did Time Warner devolve into such a clusterfuck since I last had it 10 years ago? I never once had a problem with it when I was a customer, but I've heard so many complaints about the bad reception, shitty customer service, and high prices that I have to wonder just what happened between 2003 and 2013.

The same way Cablevision dropped ABC a few years back on Oscar night.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Those fee increases would end up passed on to the customers and TWC doesn't want to lose any customers. This sort of thing happened with FOX, when they demanded more money, although the blackout was avoided. Fees should not be charged for over the air stations, since you can pick them up with an HD Antenna for the most part. TWC is in the right here.

• Members

I would think CBS would WANT people to be angry with TWC, that would mean more and more people cutting the cable, and using netfilx and antenna combo... that means less competition for their programs on CBS if people aren't vieweing the other BS cable channels.

Archived