OLTL: Week Of July 8, 2013 Discussion

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was a little surprised Todd was able to hire Shaun - Shaun was always Victor's man, even though I thought it was ridiculous Shaun would continue to work for him after everything Victor did to the kids, etc. in 2008. But whatever. I'm glad to see him.

• Members

Victor's no longer in the picture and Shaun needs to make money. I never saw him as having any special loyalty to Victor. It was a job and now he has someone else to pay him. He wouldn't turn Todd down based on some past loyalty to Vic

• Members

Ron drove it in pretty deep that Shaun had a grudging fondness for Victor and loved Téa, Blair, and the kids. He grew very personally attached to the family - and he was before the rapemance came out, which is why I thought he would've turned on Victor over his treatment of them and especially Starr at that time. Instead he got deeper in - mostly with Téa, Blair and the kids, but still. I just didn't buy it. There were a lot of scenes where Shaun would basically espouse the Ron Carlivati POV - 'if he can live with "Todd"/Vic, how bad can Victor be, right?'

• Members

well you kind of answered it right here. What he is doing is about protecting the kids. Someone allegedly has Jack's name on some type of hitlist. If Todd asks Shaun to help him protect Jack, I don't think he'd have turned him down. He wasnt hired for some selfish reason that would strictly benefit Todd. Its about Blair, Tea and the kids.

• Members

I suppose, yes, but I just would've found it far more believable if Blair had called him. Shaun had been established to have a semi-friendly relationship with Victor (however far-fetched I found it to be) and mourned his "death" and wanted justice for the perpetrator. He has worked for Blair at the drop of a hat, however.

• Members

I'm still a few weeks behind.

I was reading the Digest with that hideous Roxette Howarth on the cover and they had a short feature with some OLTL cast members talking about their favorite moments in the show's history. JVD mentioned

Has that aired yet?

• Members

JVD mentioned in that soaps.com interview saying that one of the favorite things he ever did on OLTL hasn't aired yet with no details beyond that. I wonder if that is the same thing as you put in the spoiler break.

• Members

For the record, though it's probably totally inconsequential - out of idle boredom and because I can't tolerate much intellectual nourishment when I'm sick, I've been watching AMC and OLTL reruns on SN from 2011. They're up to Marty's horrible exit on OLTL, and they clearly show the name of Irene's evil agency on the files and dossiers they keep throwing around, complete with the weird diamond logo. It was never said aloud or mentioned onscreen, but it apparently was called "CMC Investigations."

I'm sure that will have absolutely no bearing on the tattoo organization on OLTL, as Ron never bothered with it either, but just a fun little note.

Archived