OLTL: Week Of July 8, 2013 Discussion

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Trying really hard not to watch ep 2 so I will have some OLTL later this week. Not sure if I'll be successful.

I thought ep 1 (36?) was really strong. I liked that they didn't try to throw in every single story so we got some longer scenes & movement on the stories they did feature.

Loved Dorian in full schemer mode pulling Bo & Nora into the Pellegrino mess. And tension between Viki & Clint is much better than watching them wedding plan or be talk-tos. Occasional flashes of thinking this is so not the Clint Buchanan who worked at the Banner and raised the kids while Niki wreaked havoc but for the most part I love JvD's more Asa-y Clint.

Really enjoying the Dani/Arturo story- not sure where its going but I'm intrigued and it seems like it will be a nice showcase for KM who deserves one. He seems somewhat sinister but at the same time not at all & I can see why Dani is getting pulled in. The Brianna death mystery is interesting although I wish we'd seen her a bit more before she died. Liked Bo in full commish mode. And its now tying into the tattoo story which gives me a glimmer of hope that it could be salvageable.

The first scene in the apartment was fun- everyone has been there with an annoying friend's phone call with their significant other. Dani & Jeffrey's reactions were solid. Love that Michelle has more secrets & Dani got inadvertently pulled in. I was so lukewarm on the catfish element of this story but now that she's here and kind of unhinged- I'm starting to love it. Also nice little bit of Matthew/Jeffrey joking around about the letter- if they're going to be more at odds over Michelle & Destiny, its good to play up their friendship now. Did Jeffrey seem kind of nervous about this Carl person arriving?

The break from Todd/Tea/Blair was a welcome one.

• Members

Bo/Nora- Nora can't look the other way if Viki is breaking the law? Uh Matthew killed a man Nora and hasn't so much as been arrested. side eyed her there for a minute.

Clint/Viki- I'm kinda torn. I can understand why Viki is upset but part of me wants her to forgive Clint.

Jack/Kate- No words.. I can't really blame Jack. He's a kid WTH is Kate thinking though. I doubt the sex is that good.

Dani/Arturo- Not working for me. Dani deserves nice things? Didn't Todd buy her a house full of furniture? Doesn't she have a trust fund? She has nothing but nice things. It's so obvious this creep just wants in Dani's pants.

Dani/Michelle- what else has Michelle lied about? I can't come down hard on her too much. Matthew has neglected to tell her he has a kid.

I kind of like Michelle. I kinda understand why she's lied. As someone who worked in housekeeping it's not a job you want to brag about. Truthfully her and Destiny could probably make great friends. Destiny has worked in housekeeping.

• Members

You just cracked me up with your Jack/Kate comment. I think there's got to be more to her story though- there must be a reason she's zoned in on Jack beyond his pretty but obviously youthful face. I need this to part of a larger umbrella.

Dani definitely has plenty of nice things from her wealthy parents. I'm taking it more as she's falling into this web because she's wanting a man who wants to do/buy nice things for her & treat her well because of how he feels about her than that she wants the pretty scarves and such. She's been hung up on Matthew who has friendzoned her & enamored with Michelle so she's maybe kind of down on herself at the moment. I can't decide if Arturo is totally pervy or just a lonely guy- I kind of feel for him. But don't go by me-I'm likely smitten with him because he paid Brianna's law school tuition and I'm wondering why I couldn't have found an Arturo instead of taking out massive loans for law school. I would marry Billy Clyde Tuggle from AMC today if he paid my law school loans.

I was worried about spoiling myself on ep 2 by looking in this thread but no problem with that here- are most people doing AMC on Monday and OLTL later in the week?

• Members

Loved both eps and that their is more mystery of the Tattoo

Glad Viki wont be investigated and that Clint put his money in.

Love the Viki/Clint & David/Dorian angst that is when these actors shine IMO

Love that Jeff and Dani dont trust Michelle

Des/Jeff and Nat/Cutter have great Chemistry

Not really sure what Kate's deal is. Jack OTOH, just lost his virginhood and now he wants it non stop. He aint thinking clearly

Is Aturo a Sugar Daddy? Be catious Dani

Blair is gonna regret trusting Todd again

Love that Bo/Nora still have that magic

So next week is the arrival of Marne Schulenberg as David's new producer. Looking4ward to that & Ron Raines this August.

• Members

I've only just seen the first of this week's episodes and I thought it was the best in terms of balancing the characters' stories throughout this episode.

And I was actually surprised on two occasions during today's episodes (I don't read the spoilers, though so that could have something to do with it).

Michelle popping up as a hotel housekeeper and was a surprise to me and it now makes her a lot more interesting as a character to me (for some reason). I often gripe about the lack of actual working class characters on American daytime soaps, so I guess that might be a reason, Michelle interest factor inched upwards in my mind. I think it might make for a good complication if Michelle were to find things in common with Destiny. Not to mention if Michelle at some point, becomes the 5th or 6th person urging Matthew to take a more active interest in Drew.

Although, I suspected that the Brianna's Sugar Daddy (no, the other one) might have something to do with her OD, I was still surprised to see that tattoo on the inside of his wrist.

In terms of Arturo, I can't yet determine whether he intends for Dani to be a replacement for Brianna or if he is just lonely and grief stricken. That scene with Dani repeating his words to her in front of the mirror seems to suggest, that Dani is vulnerable, possibly lack self esteem in addition to Daddy Issues so...

Speaking of things 'to be Determined', the aspect of Vicki not being sure if she can fully trust Clint keeps things off kilter in a way that I kinda like. The fast one he pulled with Natalie puts him in a suspect light and even though we know he has taken it upon himself to intervene, he seems to do it out of concern, but if he messed up again-- this time with Vicki's finances, somebody could end up on trial for insider trading. That'd be a big 'whoopsie'.

'Rama Ding-Dong' (LOL). I guess Dorian can effectively multi-task, she doesn't have to reserve all her venom for Vicki these days. Although it looks like she might be so obsessed with exposing Vicki/Clint's Pellegrino escapade, she may miss David's possible escape with Rama.

• Members

Arturo needs to find some women his own age, it's creepy that he's moving in on Dani. Dani looks like she's going to get caught up.

Viki could have cut Clint some slack on covering her loss, since it was tame in comparison to other things he did.

Dorian was in top form today.

Michelle is weird, I can't wait to see her go nuts.

• Members

Episode 36

Michelle, that lying bitch. I knew she cant be trusted. In Canada, my ass. Her excuse was weak and how dumb can she be? Llanview isn't that big; did she honestly think she wouldn't run into Matthew or any of his friends?

I hope this Arturo isn't trying to make Dani his next girl

Ugh to teacher still sleeping with her student

Episode 37

Poor Viki, Clint is still lying to her. Man these two got problems and I don't see them getting married :( Clint was sloppy to not consider that this would be public knowledge. Dorian was also super annoying with her gloating.

Dorian looks so out of place going to Shelter. Glad she ran into Rama practically throwing herself at David. Too bad it was just a kiss. I wanted him to full on cheat on her

RME at them playing the More theme song at Shelter

WTF does the show have previews at the end of the first episode but not the second, which wont see a followup till a week later? Makes no sense

LMAO at Natalie and Cutter playing footsies. Ugh to Rama interrupting their date but Cutter should have found out what she wanted before hanging up the phone.

• Members

Ep 37- was kind of underwhelmed after really liking 36.

If this is the end of the Pellegrino thing, I'm a little underwhelmed- in terms of Clint's manipulations, this one is not all that bad. But I guess Viki taking off her ring works if this is sort of a final straw.

Dorian charging into Shelter was very soapy & a little silly but I laughed. I wish instead of the reaction shots from a bunch of extras, we had gotten Matthew, Dani & Jwoww- I know she wasn't there but she would have had a great face.

The double date was filler & I had been excited for it. Cutter came and went in like ten seconds, which was disappointing. Destiny was a little too giggly teenager but Corbin Bleu's "I did some musicals in high school" saved the whole thing for me. It would have been interesting since in the first ep Matthew/Jeffrey had scenes if he found out his roommate/best friend was going on a double date with Destiny at his cousin's apartment. Nothing big or dramatic- it just could have been a throwaway thing that gave him pause for a second- but there's time to play that beat.

Liked T&B until the big continuity fail of them reminiscing about bringing Starr home from the hospital & how hard it was. Umm no you didn't. Todd was presumed dead in Ireland, Blair went into early labor fighting with Marty about it, then that summer he came back to find Blair & Patrick Thornhart rolling around the penthouse floor, stayed hidden and met Starr at Llanfair when she was about 6-7 months old. It was a big big summer story with a promo campaign attached to Todd's return from the dead- I can still see him on that plane holding that stuffed bunny for Starr and they didn't show his face for like a week but you just knew- ugh so good. I can roll with little slips like Maya/Lucy on AMC but this one took me right out of the ep. Oh but funny that Shaun is following Jack- wish they had interacted.

• Members

I remember that scene well. RH broke my heart into a million pieces when Viki put Starr in his arms. (You wouldn't know it now but I used to be a huge RH/Todd fan) I'm surprised that neither of the actors flagged that dialogue.

Archived