AMC: Week Of July 8, 2013 Discussion

• Members

Please do not tell me how I feel or what I think. Don't assume. Yes, Frankie has his issues with David, regardless. Your postings are pretty much anti-Jesse with nothing but negative. and you are probably a David fan anyway. Consider the source.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do not tell me what I see or look at with Angie. You love to Jesse bash and hype David. We all have our opinions on characters and so this fiction you wrote is just that, fiction. You have nothing good to say about the character of Jesse Hubbard and probably never did have anything good to say about his character, cherry picking, fingerpointing, singling out and don't want to see Dr. Evil has his dark side and wrongdoings too.

Do not tell me what I see or look at with Angie. You love to Jesse bash and hype David. We all have our opinions on characters and so this fiction you wrote is just that, fiction. You have nothing good to say about the character of Jesse Hubbard and probably never did have anything good to say about his character, cherry picking, fingerpointing, singling out and don't want to see Dr. Evil has his dark side and wrongdoings too.

• Members

Your postings are wrong about me and so I just read and move on. We all have our own opinions. No fan is 100% perfect on characters and storylines anyway. But I am a freedom of speech person and respect all posters commenting anyway.

I don't bend over and succumb to peer pressure to go along to get along as far as message boards go and in life, generally speaking. I can agree to disagree and move on. This is a free board for all who follow the rules.

• Members

The irony is that I can go from liking to hating David and back again a million times during one show. I hate when he's plays the ISaveLives martyr or when he does something like verbally attack Cara but I love when he does something like the way he read Dixie. David is one of my favorite characters because he can make me hate and love him at the same time and frankly Jesse's been doing the same which has made enjoy this version of him immensely.

• Members

Finally caught up.

OK, I am happy with what I get--but I really really hope we can get more episodes a week again at some point. This just isn't enough for me. A lot of great stuff though they felt more like early/midweek episodes with no real Friday cliffhanger ending.

So the fancy restaurant is called The Pines? (The credits listed the wine guy as being connected to The Pines.)

I agree that the JR stuff was a bit too brushed over--maybe if they had gotten Griffin to bring Cara over to the CHandler's and explain that he helped AJ set everything up, it would make more sense. Still, they did somewhat address things, and I do like the direction the story's moving (and while yes, JR did play with AJ as a kid--though maybe Miranda doesn't remember that :P --I did like AJ's reaction and discussion with JR although, as has been a semi prob with some other scenes on both show's reboots, the resolution seemed a bit too speeded up.)

Loved all the Heather/AJ/Miranda stuff--and their discussion with Pete--I had forgotten for a bit that Heather must know who Pete was so was confused why she was being so bitchy--but it was justified.

I actually have started to like Lea and Zack--Lea's weird under-intense acting style is starting to grow on me (or she's improved) and I was glad that they didn't actually have sex (and was fooled by that--though I did wonder why they showed NONE of the sex scene--for a second I thought "Woah, are they taming down the sex too?")

I don't want Kendall back hogging airtime soon but, I admit, I liked seeing her (in her mysterious, one walled bedroom set with the ugly colour :P ) I do wish they had explained WHERE her kids were, WHERE Gabby was, etc, but... I can live with it being a mystery :P

I liked Angie talking about the abortion stuff--I really hope this plays out with an abortion happening (and Angie dealing with her mixed feelings on that) and am a bit worried by the associate producer's comments on the story in MORE, though he could have meant that.

Brooke+Dimi =wub.png I hope Adam comes back just as something is really developing. I love how Brooke has really become much more a focal point of the show.

• Members

It did feel a quieter AMC week- I guess that makes some sense with the Cassandra in jeopardy portion of that story over but I hope maybe in the fall we get a third ep. I expect at the very least the eps filmed post hiatus will have tighter pacing. Right now, I guess I'll take a little slower of a week over choppy edits.

I was the same with Kendall- didn't expect to be excited to see her but then really enjoyed the little scene & hope she pops up again. I assume Spike is with Ryan? Honestly, the youngest of Bianca and Kendall were so unnecessary to me that I just don't care if they give them the lost Martin child treatment tongue.png

• Members

Very quiet week. Welcome to the Summer Slump of choppy, sliced, and cut shows. A 3rd show has to happen for the show to survive and PP give it a 2nd year season. There has to be another episode. 2 episodes per week at only 22-24 minutes per episode does not even add up to a 60 minute show. 48 minutes tops and that is just too sad. When it is reduced from 4 episodes per week at 96 minutes to 2 episodes per week all the way down to just 48 minutes, well is not a good thing in the long run of it with hoping that PP will renew the show for a 2nd season. Right now the show is pushing cancellation instead of pushing for a renewal 2nd season. AMC has to pick up the pace, big time. They have to start moving on to other characters and storylines pretty quickly here. Pretty soon it will be the fall months and that will be the real test of whether to cancel or extend the show.

Just the Summer Slump Drag and Sag right now. LIke kind of in a lull.

• Members

I am a pro Angie and Jesse supporter for life. I am a babyboomer so I have been with both of them since day one when they arrived on the PV canvas. I am one of Debbi's regular tweetee's on her twitter page and support all of her work, even purchasing DVD's of her films, etc.

I loved Soul Train and that is where I got my first introduction to Darnell Williams.

I am a dedicated and loyal Angie and Jesse supporter and make no apologies for it.

Archived