AMC: Week Of July 8, 2013 Discussion

• Members

You know Im past the point of giving a f--k!

I dont think it so much that she forgot more so that its irrelevant. What does David having an affair with Dixie over 15 years ago have to do with Angie and the Hubbards today?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Especially when Jesse was off letting his wife and son think he was dead.

When Jesse brought up that David shot Dixie's son, I wanted David to turn around and say, "Says the man who buried his own daughter in nameless grave in the park and lied about it!"

• Members

I forgot all about that. He cheated on Angie for years, shacking up with some other woman, fathering another child all while letting her think he was dead. He has no room to talk about David's affair with Dixie especially since he's no innocent on that front.

• Members

This bothered me about this episode. JR certainly was not the best dad on the planet, but he certainly did stuff like read stories, play with AJ, tucked him into bed, etc. This sort of smacks of the plot driven stuff of old. JR was not the totally absent dad they are making him out to be. That being said, stupid move bringing Oliver to town. I understand why he did it(and he was actually honest with Cara as to why!) but we all know this is going to blow up in their faces..

• Members

who said anything about their affair? I was referring what David did to Dixie by keeping her captive vfor 4 years, not to mention keeping her drugged even after he saved her so she couldn't go anywhere

The Angie I know might forgive that, but she'd never forget it

David makes it so I can't tolerate angie when they have scenes together

• Members

IIRC, there was nothing to indicate that he kept her as a drugged 'captive' for some insidious purpose. Not everyone responds exactly the same way to his admittedly experimental medical treatment, and I viewed those scenes as Dixie not recovering nearly as fast as Stuart or Zach or as David's technique improving over time so that someone who took 4 years to bring back in 2007 could be saved in a year or so in 2010 or 2011.

Archived