AMC: Week Of July 8, 2013 Discussion

• Members

I know this is going to make me look like a PP cult member but I'm just going on record, the episodes today gave me life.

Both Brooke and Angie were being positioned as the center of love triangles. Brian Frons probably collapsed in seizures today because two 50+, accomplished, successful women, one of them black, were presented as people who deserve to be cherished and fought over.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just watched ep 1 for the week- quieter than AMC has been lately but still good.

I loved the David and Angie stuff. They just play so well off each other- I don't necessarily want them to have an affair when all is revealed but its one of best relationships on any soap right now. It made me forget how desperately I want an ep off from this story. [Disclaimer- I do not hate Jesse. Really. Yay Emmys, god bless Agnes.]

We need to start getting to know Cass- she's not a character that AMC fans have much history with. Especially if we're going to have to invest in this pregnancy story. It seems like Angie is going to push her on keeping the baby but I need to rewatch some of that for dialogue before I judge.

Liked Pete hanging out with the teens & it was worked in well with the idea that he was using them as a focus group for his app. Weird to hear AJ refer to David as my grandpa- my mind immediately flashes to Adam even though it was totally accurate.

Not sure that the show wants me loving Heather more than Miranda but I do- love when a secondary character just sneaks up on you. My heart sank of her when AJ told her it wasn't a date. I do like Miranda though and I'm glad she got some scenes with Zach.

I haven't really missed Erica but I need her if Dimitri and Brooke are going to happen. The sparring writes itself. Missed Adam today too.

I thought Celia was way too much of a ridiculously naive Mary Jane in the first scenes but then when she went out dressed up to book the gala with Colby, I enjoyed them immensely. Liked her a lot as Colby's exasperated inadvertent co-schemer. Keep her supporting for another month and I might actually start to invest.

Love seeing AMC at 3-4 on Hulu with all PP shows (minus more OLTL) currently in the top 15.

• Members

I still dont think its really relevant to whats going on now. Is there fear that David is going to hold Cassandra captive and treat her in private? I fault to see what David actually did wrong in those scenes. All he did was comfort Angie who is understandably going through a rough time. There was nothing nefarious about that.

• Members

I am guilty: I love nuCobly. She is so much fun to watch. The actress is very good at playing vapid. I also love the small human moments they give her: her love for JR, who obviously missing her father when he called Brooke... are we ever going to see Adam again? Or was David Canary's participation all just to get old fans to tune in for the first day?

How much fun will it be to see Adam and Dimitri's business and personal feud reignited over Brooke and Tempo TV?

• Members

The writers are positioning Brooke and Angie as over 50's who fail to grow up and act their age and show no maturity of knowing right from wrong. Jesse deserves to be cherished and fought for. He is human and needs friendship and support.

• Members

I love the Angie and Jesse stuff. Longtime acting partners, Darnell and Debbi and role models in the AA community with respect and admiration. Jesse has my fullest support. Ranked either Number 1 or 2 for all time SuperCouples and still today going as strong as ever. The best couple going today and every day.

• Members

Angie and Jesse are not untouchable, even with super couple status. The characters exist on a soap opera, and soap couples cheat, lie, steal, etc. All of them, even the most virtuous, commit these acts if they are a show for decades. If they don't, the characters become stale and exit the canvas. Even if Angie doesn't sleep with David, she is already starting an intimate relationship with David by revealing parts of herself to him that she would normally reserve for Jesse. Jesse has already lied, multiple times. If you want Angie and Jesse to stay untouchable, and on a pedestal, then you better prepare yourself for them to be written off in the sunset together because that is the only way that can happen.

• Members

Um, no, they aren't. Maybe if Jesse were capable of being HONEST and upfront with the wife he supposedly loves instead of keeping things from her "for her own good" as if she's a child and not an independent, intelligent adult, maybe I could agree that he "deserves to be cherished and fought for." Right now? Well, right now he ought to be damn thankful Angie didn't dump his lying ass for burying her baby in a hole in the ground in the park and lying to her about it.

I have yet to see ANYTHING that makes me believe that Brooke and Angie are being written as shallow, immature or immoral.

• Members

That Brooke- running Chandler, helping people at the Miranda Center, running Talk Tempo, trying to keep Colby in line- so immature. What is she thinking?

EnglishTea and ella, totally agree on your valid and rational points about Jesse and Angie. Unfortunately, its like talking to a wall when it comes to the "# 1 best AA supercouple"

rhonj-milania-notimpressed_0.gif

Archived