Antenna TV Thread

allmc2008

• Members

Missed/forgot to watch Small Wonder [lol at snorting coke to prepare for it]. Not a big fan of Evening Shade. Instantly gave me 'Coach' vibes [not a bad thing but they instantly seemed similar to me]. Love me some Marilu Henner though! It was OK but eh.

And for Newhart fans the weekend airings started with Season 5 so you can see Stephanie and Michael. They had a strong cast with Dick, Joanna, Stephanie, Michael, George, The Larry's and Daryl ... I always feel like this show is very underrated. [i do have to LOL at Julia Duffy and Mary Frann having the exact same 80s hairdo. They look a lot a like, too]

Rob Stone .... um, yes. LOL

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL! Jamie is pretty annoying, no argument there, but he's tolerable. And there's an entire family of annoying people as their neighbors, including pre-Valerie Edie McClurg. But don't give it up completely, get back to it later in its run. And what an astute observation with the '60s/'80s thing.

• Members

Maude is on Antenna TV every morning around the time I'm trying to go bed. So, I have started watching it more than I used to. And, I finally started liking the show. It's actually pretty funny.

I used to think it was boring. But, that's when I was only watching sporadically. It's grown on me now.

Sucks that I only get this channel in my bedroom. I wish they'd add it to Direct TV so that I could watch it on the non-HDTV/Digital TVs in my house without having to find and buy converter boxes.

I cannot wait until they finally start airing Dear John later this year. That was one of my favorite shows when I was younger. Jere Burns was awesome as Kirk. He bought the life to that show.

• Members

Do we have a Cozi TV thread? Miami Vice is joining Cozi on March 1. The show is also celebrating it's 30th anniversary that month.

It's been a really long time since I've seen Dear John. I do remember liking it and wondering why it never rerun anywhere except local syndication. I don't know if it ever ran on a cable network. It could have. Maybe TBS or USA way back in the early 90s.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I know some of you have mentioned not liking Mr. Belvedere, but damn it, I am now obsessed! Easily one of my top fave 80s sitcoms. Yes, it's a pretty predictable family sitcom with very special episodes galore, but it really appeals to me, and I don't know why. It's timeslot reminds me of all the 80s sitcoms that used to rerun in the afternoon about 15-20 years ago.

• Members

I'm glad that you've finally seen the light! It's now a part of my weekday regime, the last thing I watch before leaving for work at 6pm. What did you think of the Wesley's bff has AIDS VSE?

I think it holds up as a charming show. Gosh, to think I used to watch this Friday nights on ABC before they even launched the Miller-Boyett TGIF lineup. I didn't know until a few years ago that Mr. Belvedere had been a movie franchise back in the day.

• Members

I actually didn't get to see that infamous ep! I'm hoping to catch it when it airs on the weekend run (should be soon). It really is charming, though, and there's just something different about it that makes it stand apart from similar shows of the era.

Surprisingly, I think the first movie pretty much lines up directly with the pilot.

Archived