GH50: Discussion for the month of July...

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I read where DC finally admited the garbage that is FrankenTodd, and that had to be difficult, but you can blindly defend someone until it just doesn't make sense to do it any longer - not even to yourself.

I truly believe that if FrankenRon could get Todd Manning, they would - no matter how ridiculously stupid that would be.

• Members

The difference, Chit, is however we disagree even you know "Todd" is not the answer to this problem - giving GH back Todd because how can Ron be inconvenienced. They could've done another character for Roger, or utilized Franco properly. It's not either Todd or Franco.

• Members

You won't get any argument from me. We agree. As must as I loved my Tarly, you cannot bring him back. That's crazy and GH loses the little bit of its remaining credibility. It's time to let Roger go! I see no other solution [of course, I may have to eat those words in the not so distand future]!

ETA: Of all the characters they could have introduced, this was the best option? Shock and awe will take you but so far. I think EM posted a few weeks ago that Ron said he always wanted to write the character Franco [of course, we are to believe while he was hacking the sh!t out of OLTL, moRon was dreaming of GH's Franco?], so now that he got his wish, how does he feel? I hope it's as stupid as he looks!

• Members

Their solution is literally "OLTL really didn't need these characters back anyway, GH kept OLTL alive, they have Roger Howarth but OLTL sucks!" !@#$%^&*] off, Daytime Confidential. You can't always get what you want.

(And no, OLTL is not perfect, but I think it's pretty damn decent and Howarth's been well-used.)

• Members

Well if Cartini kept OLTL alive, I'd hate to see how they'd go about killing it. And if that was why they wanted the OLTL 3, then once OLTL was resurrected for reals, the should have happily written them out. Their work here was done.

• Members

They stopped just short of saying GH should have him back - they basically said PP isn't using the three characters (or using them well, in their opinion) so it's awful, etc etc. They rarely discuss the actual PP shows, but then I haven't listened to that insane podcast in awhile - it's gotten pretty histrionic. To their credit they went on at length about the disaster of GH's Franco story, but they really didn't discuss the actual content of AMC and OLTL. (They did compliment AMC quickly, though, while dissing OLTL.)

Archived