DAYS: Month of July discussion

• Members

They are making Adrienne come off as annoying. I'm finding her as annoying as I do Maggie which sucks because I love them both.

Actually, I kind of blame Judi. I haven't really liked how she's been playing Adrienne. I can't quite put my finger on it but IDK.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like that Adrienne isn't falling all over Will and acting like he is the best boyfriend on earth that Sonny could have. Of course, it is a tad hypocritical considering her family background and Justin's that she is all Sami is evil, but she isn't completely wrong.

• Members

I agree. She's not entirely wrong at all, however, I'm still finding the character annoying at the moment lol. And besides, Sonny's a grown man, frankly their relationship is none of her business. But that's a mother and they're ultimately often right as much as we hate to admit it. LOL.

• Members

Father Eric's "Oh my, God!" line today...script error or GV error? Don't think the priest would be using that expression.

Shocked that Sami got off. So that's just it for that? Will we ever find out what happened to the blade?

Nice to have Kristen back today.

• Members

Exactly. Justin said barring any evidence and they set up Adrienne running into Marge. The show hasn't touched on it since it happened, but when Chad was looking at his video of Sami attacking Bernardi, he transferred it to Sonny's phone. After that, Sonny thought he had a video of Arianna on his phone and transferred it to Adrienne's phone. We've since discovered that Chad's video replaced the Arianna video on Sonny's phone, which means the video he shared with Adrienne is of Sami and Bernardi. So she's the one who now has evidence to take Sami to trial.

The funniest part about this development, to me, is the fact that Sonny gave his mother this video how long ago? And she hasn't bothered to give two [!@#$%^&*] about looking at it.

• Members

There are some very mannered performances, which she lapsed into on AW too. I prefer some of her more pure acting. I think it's because of the writing - it veers between her being a concerned mother and a quasi-villain (ranting on about Sami in a way that suggests it's not about protecting her son at all).

I also wish they weren't styling her like she's in one of those movies about a 1960's housewife who wants to break free.

• Members

I am loving Adrinne and the way the show is using her. While I love Will and Sonny, i absolutely see her point and think she is in line to voice those to her son who is, as far as shes concerned, throwing his life away for this.

• Members

i think its trying to say exactly what she is saying, honestly.

she doesnt want sonny throwing his life away to settle down with a guy with so much drama like will, thats has put his life in danger, that now has him supporting not only him but her child and his babymama, and that sonny deserved a lot better.

she also gives them some good, minor conflict for this moment of happiness and taking it easy between stories.

• Members

I guess what I mean is that half the time I feel like she's just a concerned mother and half the time it seems a little more like she's getting the Kate moments (where it's about concern for her kids but also about a lot of pent up anger and resentment). I don't know if the latter is performance or writing. It's not a bad thing, just kind of distracting. I just hope they won't have her be scapegoated because of the whole Sonny/Will thing.

Archived