More AMC & OLTL July 2013 Discussion

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that Hugo Napier (Mike Roy #2) would have been a good actor to play the man who paid all of the dead girls' bills on One Life to Live.

I also think that the actor playing A. J. Chandler on All My Children would have been better had he been cast in the role of Matthew Buchanan on One Life to Live.

• Members

CUte video comments Cassadine--even if they made you sound like even more of a Jack perv.... ;) (I tease, I swear...)

Somewhat interesting MORE. Those Skype people with the bad questions that were all jokes seemed like plants--we got that soap "press" guy on one, there was someone by the pool who I swear was just a crew memeber or something, etc. :P

I liked hearing the two associate producers for the shows talk *a little bit* about the stories (funny that they mentioned how the Jack/Kate teacher story is a serious matter, and then nearly all the fan comments they showed were people saying "I wish I had had a teacher like that!")

• Members

When nuColby first debuted, one of the things I mentioned was that I wished they'd style her better and not so 'on the nose' and it appears that they've begun to do precisely this. Yay!

Regardless of the gripes of some about Cass' storyline, it looks like there's been a ton of feedback from viewers who are really into the story and think it's been well done. Even if there were negative feedback, the level of response must really give AMC cast and crew the feeling that this storyline has struck a chord as it's obviously getting a lot of attention.

And I called it about by the book FBI agent Lea!whistling.jpg She's going to bust Jesse on his double dealing. As I thought he would, looks like Zach understands the duress Jesse was under. But it looks like Jesse will be under arrest soon.

I may be way off, but it seems as if AMC had more clips from future episodes than OLTL, which seemed to have a preponderance of clips of events that have already happened. It was interesting to see Andrew Trischitta's Mom talk about his storyline though. She could teach a course in level-headedness to some soap fans.tongue.png

• Members

"

Regardless of the gripes of some about Cass' storyline, it looks like there's been a ton of feedback from viewers who are really into the story and think it's been well done. Even if there were negative feedback, the level of response must really give AMC cast and crew the feeling that this storyline has struck a chord as it's obviously getting a lot of attention."

I know some feel it's too depressing and has been on every day, and I agree they could have focused SLIGHTLY less--but I think it accomplished what I suspect it was meant to. It gave the show a driving central focus, pretty much right off the bat--and with characters (the Black Jesus and Mary Magdalene, no less) who audiences love and the show can center around--and has allowed the other stories to play out slower. Plus it has been an, IMHO relatively well done, social issue story that the network probably would be scared to touch (at least without glamourising it up into some seduction scenario.)

• Members

Good for you cassadine- if anyone deserves to get comment on the Jack story, its you! They asked me to do one for OLTL's anniversary after I tweeted them but it would likely take me 7 hours to record a 30 second thing where I felt like my hair & face looked adequate so I have yet to send them something. So vanity prevents me from being on MORE.

I felt like the AMC preview at the end went on forever this week. I think we saw every cast member.

• Members

Yeah that Destiny preview looked a bit random. (Don't get me wrong, I'm still anxious to watch next week's, but the previews weren't too thrilling.) I will say for David, Tuc came off as a nice guy in his MORE segment (though I do think he's a bit crazy for having twins as a single guy, but that's just me :P )

• Members

Thanks... it was pretty cool, just as cool as being recognized by my Twitter name when I call in podcasts when soap actors are being interviewed, and it was funny seeing Andrew's mom all excited about the storyline and it was cute how he said he brushed his teeth twice for the day of his "love scene"

Archived