OLTL: Week Of July 1, 2013 Discussion

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cutter is actually starting to develop feelings for Natalie, because he was looking over at her with a concerned look on his face while he was interviewing a couple of ladies for a cocktail waitressing job at Shelter a month ago before Todd and Blair were shot outside the club, he just doesn't realize yet that Natalie has started to develop a crush on him, and his feelings for her has been reciprocated from Natalie!

The episode after that is the MORE show, which is episode 35.

• Members

I'm glad I didn't make any judgments about Nora doing these podcasts because those scenes with her speaking to the weary caller were all heart.wub.png

The way they intercut those scenes with the Matthew and Destiny's trading looks that ranged from longing to comprehension and then Michelle's suspicious glances and Jeffrey's enchantment with the actual podcast-- those scenes were Brilliant. Neither Destiny nor Matt said a word but they said everything with their expressions (like maybe they miss being friends), I love scenes like this. Sometimes Destiny's voice can grate on my a bit too so, the fact that she was silent, it was a bonus for me.tongue.png

The scenes with Vicki and Dorian just seem to be teasers now, I was hoping for a bit more but it was kind of funny the way 'Queen Victoria' coolly dismissed Dorian. I guess though that Dorian won't be dismissed so easily and I suspect that Vicki (courtesy of Clint) may be on the hook for insider trading.blink.png

Hopefully this means a more fleshed out story involving Dorian, Vicki, Clint and maybe this will bring Nora and Téa back to being lawyers (we're overdue for it).

No sooner has Clint patched things up with his daughter than he's going to have to put out the growing fire with this insider trading perhaps consuming Vicki. Clint is liable to need to schedule and apology tour.

I was surprised how intense Nikki was with David Vickers. I only watched 1 single episode of Jersey Shore so I really don't know that much about her personally but Go JWoww!

• Members

Wow. A concerned look? You got all that? Cutter screwing Nikki and anything else and establishing what he has with Natalie isn't "exclusive" doesn't charm me. Plus. His real (just kidding) fans want to see him nekkid. He needs to be nekkid with Rama and Nikki and a whole lot of day players not named Natalie.

• Members

I'm with you on LH's voice (especially when she's doing anger) although I thought she did solid work this week. But those scenes were excellent- I could have watched Matthew & Destiny gaze at each other all ep- no words were needed. The brief flashes to an unnerved Michelle and an oblivious Jeffrey were perfect. Nice set-up of story without anyone saying anything

I so miss Tea as an attorney. Nora too. Seems like legal counsel might be needed with the Pellegrino developments so fingers crossed.

Happy to see the OLTL eps sitting at 14 & 15 on Hulu's popular eps. I doubt there has been fall-off in total viewers but it was a little jarring to see AMC at 4-5 yesterday while OLTL languished near the 30s. Im assuming everyone watched AMC Monday whether they were aware of the schedule change or not whereas some OLTL fans might not have known to look for it on Monday.

• Members

I think the shows are doing fine. I don't think we have to worry about their placements. JMO. But yeah, I'm sure the schedule change caused some initial confusion. I admit I initially forgot on Monday that I could watch them all.

• Members

I don't know. I think they'll probably do better than whatever lifestyle reruns they air there.

I'd assume they have to get at least half of what those Perry shows grab. I'd assume they'd be happy with 500,000 or whatever that PP wanted. 0.5-0.8 wouldn't be anything to sneeze at, IMO, but I don't run a network either, LOL.

I have no idea what the shows she airs now gets. Anyone have any insight?

And if they have expectations in the millions, I think they should check themselves. I don't know. I'm super curious to see how they do.

• Members

It is possible that Grant Aleksander is shadowing the directors and hasn't directed an episode of his own, hence he wouldn't be listed in the credits. I doubt he was just visiting as that wouldn't be a big deal.

• Members

I know I read somewhere that she gets around 300,000-400,000 in the daytime. I couldn't tell you where I read that though so it could be garbage. I doubt they expectations of a million since Haves seems to do well under two million on a good night. I'm thinking 500,000 is likely positive, 750,000 really good- but speculation of course & it also depends on what the financial arrangement is with PP.

• Members

Thanks. I think that sounds somewhat familiar too but I could be wrong as well. That's why I was leaning towards the 500k and 800k range. Which should please everyone involved. Money has to be being made off this so I see it as a win regardless, at least for PP and the soaps.

Thanks. Off to read it.

• Members

Why the hell is it such a big secret what the cable networks do in ratings during the day? Is this info not posted anywhere? LOL. I've googled the hell out of it. Why can't I even find what stupid TBS does during the day? They release daily cable news ratings. They release ratings for everything else lol

Archived