OLTL: Week Of July 1, 2013 Discussion

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Episode 33

Is this Kate chick crazy or what? Cant believe she is flirting with and kissing her student at the school

Michelle, not feeling her. Id rather Matthew end up with Dani anyway

Dorian sure put her foot in her mouth.

Episode 34

I don't get what "killing" Vic is supposed to accomplish. Not feeling this plan

Im surprised with how much Im liking J-Woww on this show and I didn't think I would. LMAO at Nikki taking that drink. Better than letting it go to waste

Dani definetly looks jealous of M&M. I hope she doesn't do something stupid with that older guy in retaliation

Love that Clint was able to get through to Nat. Id hate to have them at odds over John McBain of all people.

Nora: "Did you talk to him?"

Caller: "Im TALKING to YOU!"

:lol: Don't know why but I found this exchange funny

Destiny only had an hour left of work, so she went out for ice cream, only to go back?

Why does OLTL have previews for the upcoming week but AMC doesn't?

• Members

Ummm so did anyone catch Blair and Tea "making up" at the end of the first episode and then the previous scenes with Tea, Blair and Todd in the hotel just continued in the second episode? Jesus, take the wheel!

OMG Kelley's chest popping "subtle" dance move over to Matt and her comments to Michelle laugh.png I'm so glad Kelley is still on the show and all the haters had to eat some damn crow. At the very least she has comedic timing, something KA never had.

Matt and Destiny staring at each other is breaking my heart :(

• Members

I'm still holding out hope that there's something to that and the story will be more complex than just a Teacher taking advantage of her student. It would definitely be more interesting if she were somehow tied to the Tattoo organization.

So glad Natalie didn't get a tattoo. I keep thinking of Drew when he hits adolescence. What teenage boy wants to know his mother has his name permanently engraved on her body?

I really like JWOWW.

BOFHzBuCQAAa3Ij.jpg

• Members

I was so behind I hadn't commented up until now, but am I the only one (sorry Cassadinefan!!) who just doesn't care about Jack and his teacher? LOL. It's nice he's being given something to um ... do .. though. LOL.

I like Jwoww too. Although I wasn't totally against her joining in the first place.

Not feeling Michelle either.

Why is OLTL leaving me feeling meh :(

I hate that. It's not bad at all, but I'm just not as into it as I was to begin with and I can't figure out why? Maybe I went too long and then had to catch up.

• Members

I agree, I'm not into the story either. Seems very cliche.

Agreed! She's doing a great job, best new 'recurring' addition for sure.

I like Michelle, we need a crazy to stir things up.

I agree, OLTL feels sort of hollow. I think it's ironic because I was more pumped for OLTL to begin with because there were more returning actors than AMC but somehow OLTL feels like it's changed its DNA more than AMC, depsite AMC's influx of newbies and recasts. Does that make sense? I guess I'm not a partier so the Shelter scene does nothing for me. I also feel like the characters are super sleazy. David hitting on Nikki and Rama bothers me. Rama hitting on David bothered me, especially because she wanted Vimal to stay home with her a few weeks back. Natalie and Cutter have chemistry but sleaze me out. Cutter is sleeping with at least two women and trying to get with Natalie too. And then there's the drugs angle, it's a lot for someone as 'pure' as me to deal with and enjoy. I think I'm just bored at the Two Todds at this point, especially with TSJ off screen. And there are just too many new characters, with more on the way. If you have the money for all these newbies, just put it all together and bring back a fan fave or two. I might change my tune but right now, I'm very 'meh' about it. I do like the Michelle and Arturo characters though and I'm sure I'll like Ron Raines but I don't care for the teacher storyline and it goes without saying that Dusky and Cutter's gang of uselessness can go any day now (save for Cutter himself, Josh is great, just needs something better to do).

• Members

I'm kind of opposite- I always have loved OLTL more but was way more excited with AMC in the early weeks because the of the time jump and the newness and the pretty SORASed children of it all. Now my order of soap love is right back where it always was especially with things finally moving on OLTL after solid character development. I didn't like Shelter either but I feel its being used in a markedly different way now- as a backdrop for the OLTL characters and the story (i.e. less Dusky, more restaurant; less music, more dialogure) rather than a gratuitous showcase for musical guests and dancing extras where our characters are background.

I liked David in today's 2 eps- yes I enjoy him & Dorian but I think Tuc felt less cartoony today than in the past decade. JWoww continues to endear herself to me.

The Victor mystery was kind of puttering out for me today but the T/B/T trio today made it work for me. I like Blair & Tea a little adversarial- yes they're friends now but it shouldn't be all love and light all the time. I loved the last scene of ep 2- it felt very true to both TnB and TnT.

Jack & Kate are okay & AT is selling what they're giving him but thats a C-list plot for me. I hope its tied to the tattoo mystery which will ground it more for me.

Loved the Natalie/Clint scene and him talking about not getting to raise her. I missed Clint Ritchie for a second but since they didn't talk about how he raised Jess, it was fine- I love JvD's Asa lite Clint. I'm happy she is not going to be mad at him forever and ever.

Michelle has all the makings of good crazy. I am too excited. She's still claiming to live in Toronto but the woman at the Toronto house had no idea who was so I wonder if she's really going there at all. The side eye she briefly gave when Matthew & Destiny were doing their sad eyes thing was good. Matthew & Destiny slayed me in the final scene (and made me cool with the Nightbird stuff which I really do not like at all as a regular thing). There's no reason to root for them based on how he acts and I have to just put SE & EA's tenure out of my head but whenever he has an occasional softening around her, they just kill me.

KM was the MVP of the week- girl has comic timing and love that the the show is making use of it regularly. I was completely meh on the casting and initial spoilers of Artuto but I am so intrigued & not sure exactly where its going & I love that. Their scene worked really well against the backdrop of her watching Michelle & Matthew & the reveal that Cutter was another one of Brianna's men- nice, tight writing.

I was really excited to have 2 eps today but I think I might actually space them out next week- maybe just 2 consecutive days since my willpower is weak. I like the 25 minute format more than I thought.

• Members

Yeah. Ritchie's Clint was more bonded with Jessica, even though I don't remember him ever sharing scenes with BW's Jess either. JVD has made the role his own in this capacity. He's Natalie's father, and the only one I've ever seen her with. They have great chemistry and I would love to see more of them. Asa's story for years was about manipulating and attempting to control Bo and Clint. Clint has taken up that mantle with his own kids, Natalie in particular. I enjoy seeing that continuation and call out to OLTL's history. It is one of few things on the show these days that makes it continue to feel like OLTL to me.

• Members

As Of Episode 35, Jessica Klein is listed a co-HW along with Bedsow Horgan & Racina.

There is also a new scriptwriter, James Nag who wrote that episode with Michael Slade & Alex Dougas

• Members

Episode 34

Freaking loved Natalie and Destiny scenes! They are so much fun together drunk!. I laughed along with them when the tattoo artist guessed what kind of tattoo Des wanted.

Destiny/Jeffrey- Drunk!Des is fun. She was so cute being nervous about asking Jeffrey out. They're cute but that it's it

Matthew/Michelle- Thought they were a bit cheesy

David/Rama- Rama is definitely crushing on David. Kinda classless the way she was almost flirting with David in front of Dorian. An affair between them is pretty much written on the wall

It's good to see Nora/Viki together

Fast forwarded through Todd/Blair/Tea scenes

Ep 35

Clint/Natalie- MA and JVD are perfection together. Nat is letting Clint off easy. Yeah John cheated with Sam but that had nothing to do with Liam. He never should have been kept from his son. I wish Nat remained angry for a bit longer.

David/Rama/Niki- Rama is kind of trifling. Flirting with Dav id knowing he's married. Acting jealous over Nikki. I don't want David to cheat on Dorian but I feel it's coming. He wants Rama and her being in his show is going to cause trouble.

Dani/Matthew/Michelle- Dani was so many shades of pathetic today. I didn't feel sorry for her ass one bit. She's only been liking him for a couple months. Her snide comments towards Michelle have me going dry.gif

Matthew/Michelle- They're cute. Not much romantic chemistry there imo.

Destiny/Jeffrey/Michelle/Matthew- Much more interesting than that stuff with Dani. Interesting Michelle picked up on the looks being exchanged between Matthew/Destiny while Jeffrey sat oblivious.

Kinda upset David and Matthew didn't interact even though they were in the same place sad.gif

The woman on the phone sounded so fake. Terrible voice acting..

• Members

lol at Natalie & Destiny drinking wine from Brennan winery. I like their friendship and Natalie needs someone that isn't family that she can talk to. I am glad she forgave Clint. Natalie needs to move on from loser cheater John.

Is Blair for real with that remark about Todd being here for his kids while Victor is not? Bitch shut up and sit your ass down. Todd is playing you again.

Kate is creepy as hell all over Jack after class making out with him when anyone could just walk right in and see.

Can't stand Jeffrey whole attitude towards Michelle. He couldn't keep his nose out of it and now he's all mad Matthew is hanging out with her. lol at Dani "accidentally" bumping into them at Shelter and running her mouth.

Really want a Tea vs. Nora courtroom scene. It's been too long!

• Members

Cutter was indeed sleeping with Brianna. He was lying when he denied it, then admitted it a minute later.

I agree that Clint never should have kept Liam from John, but saying John's cheating had nothing to do with Liam is wrong. John's cheating blew up Liam's family. So no, he doesn't get a pass for that. Clint should have minded his own business, but John blew up his family on his own.

Archived