OLTL: Week Of July 1, 2013 Discussion

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finally watched "Thursday's" episode, and was about to post, but Vee pretty much summed up everything I had to say.

I will say that while I kinda understood that people were sick of Shelter in the beginning (I guess) it does function VERY well as a place where you can have multiple characters bump into each other and interact--I even like how it starts as a restaurant and then turns into a bar and some people will stick around (like David did from the last episode) whereas obviously Vicki wouldn't--one of my fave gay spots in Montreal functions like that and I've gone with my dad and sister before and had him leave while we stayed behind while they take away the tables. AMC doesn't really have a spot like that at the moment, and it works well for soaps (I suppose Jane's Addiction, like the coffee shop on OLTL--please give it a new name--work that way to an extent as does the tv studio.)

• Members

Now that they're not using Shelter as a showcase for random DJs and Riff Raff (which was really only the case for like the first 2 weeks), it serves a really good purpose & is an easy way for characters who might not share a ton of 1:1 scenes to cross paths without it feeling forced. It seems a lot of people (not here) are still complaining about it but the way its used now feels no different from any soap nightclub/bar of the past. And I see no reason why it can't be referred to as a bar- I do the same thing biggrin.png

• Members

That would be great for Tonja Walker to return as Alex, but I think that it is slightly more likely that she'll return to GH as Olivia Jerome, since the Jerome name has been mentioned so frequently lately.

Archived