AMC: Week Of July 1, 2013 Discussion

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LMAO to the first part, though I'm laughing because the same thing clicked with me too. DUUUUH LOL!! Wow I felt slow this morning.

And thanks. I thought so. I really should pay attention to the credits I guess, lol.

I like the JR/David/Cara triangle they're setting up but I'm just not feeling David this go around, honestly. He's been really annoying me and him yapping at JR constantly is just getting tiresome. I'm sure I'll get over it but right now ugh. David comes off as such a hypocrite when he jumps on JR's [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

THANK YOU! LOL

I'm glad I wasn't alone in that. Ugh. He drives me nuts and I used to really not mind David. I don't like how they're writing him at all for the most part. Sometimes they get it right (his initial return). And honestly, I like him around Colby. I know the hookup didn't seem very popular, but I quite liked David around Colby.

Oh, and around Angie for the most part.

• Members

I'm somewhat torn on Angie and David. I didn't like she listened to him over Joe and Jesse when they were all trying to calm her down when Cass was first brought to the hospital. That spoke volumes to me.

I guess because I wasn't watching regularly when Colby was born I didn't really think of it that way LOL. I totally forget that he delivered her. I really wish we'd get a Liza recast or something because I think she's going to be needed down the road.

I kind of feel like AMC is a bit all over the place at the moment, as good as it is. I wish they weren't splicing episodes and cutting things.

• Members
dang and I didn't even bother with More. Should have put previews in the regular episode like OLTL. Won't be able to see till later

Fixxed!

well unlike Duke, David never raised Colby and had little to do with her. He didnt have a father, uncle or even family friend relationship with her growing up

• Members

From the 1st episode:

I'm loving AJ & Miranda and JR & Cara. I liked how JR stepped up and decided to talk to Hunter's dad, which might be the first time JR's really been there for his son.

I knew Cassandra would be pregnant and now I'm waiting for the same prudes upset by the language to throw a hissy fit if she does have an abortion, which in my mind is the only answer in this situation, especially with all the drugs in her system. I was surprised Uri didn't have Jesse beat up more. I hate that Zach is figuring out how Uri faked his death instead of Lea, but I'm enjoying watching Jesse squirm. I find it odd that nobody in the federal government knew of Uri's brother Vlad. Don't they have birth records in Russia?

Dr. Anders is really coming across as autistic to me and I'm not sure if he's supposed to. It's one thing to not have a good bedside manner, but his dialogue with Dixie at Jane's was so robotic.

From the 2nd episode:

Brooke's interview with David was golden, though I was a little disappointed he didn't mention her shooting Jim in the back for just threatening to hurt her son.

I still like Pete & Celia and I loved how Colby made sure to separate them during the interview.

I felt sorry for Cara when she realized JR might be as bad as David even though she didn't admit it to him. I loved the David/Cara scene at Jane's where they both apologized.

It looks like Zach & Lea hacked into Jesse's computer for the dental records and are about to figure out how he covered for Uri. I can't wait for this truth to come out!

The opening dream sequence with Cassandra was great, but I really need a break from her story for awhile.

The More episode was clearly cobbled together at the last minute from leftover footage. I did like hearing both Ginger Smith & Jennifer Pepperman's take on the language controversy, though I'm disappointed with the number of words it sounds like they're going to stop using.

• Members

I agree about a break from the Cassandra story. It's becoming exhausting. It's not so much the story itself, I think the story has been fine (apart from the fact that it's just a tough story in general to watch) but a break is needed regardless. They could have had a totally different story for them featured pretty much every day and I'd still want a break from it at this point.

Archived