AMC: Week Of July 1, 2013 Discussion

• Members

I get the impression that the Jim Thomason stuff is considered a non-story and while I agree that there's plenty of stuff there for David/Brooke to spar over, personally I'm grateful that they didn't go there. Brooke was the consummate professional during David's interview and I'm glad for it.

Given the rapey origins for most of PV's young women, there's a lot to work with there: Miranda and Kendall are both children of "legitimate" rape. Cass and Binks are both rape survivors. Liza accused Jesse of rape and Adam switched Jake's "DNA" for his without Liza's consent which brought us Colby.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks PC!

It's not even a contest. The dun, dun, dun gets you pumped and excited. "We are the Love" puts you to sleep.

ETA: Dimitri has hair in that opening! And of course Erica is the female Benjamin Button, she just gets younger and younger. :lol:

• Members

Dun dun dun dun dun dunnnnnnnn. At least with OLTL, there's no great old theme that I miss every time I see the credits (too young for the Peabo opening). But really I never thought they would do theme songs- tassumed it would be a title card with the logo so I guess I'll take what we get. I do hope they eventually mix up We are the Love and add some of the new faces & change up the pairings.

• Members

I love the old theme, but the new song is just fine with me. It's sweet.

I am amused that most seem to have warmed to OLTL's "Brand New Start" after the initial horrified reaction.

• Members

I'm not mainlining these all at once, at least not yet, so, as to Monday:

Great stuff with A.J. and Miranda, especially the beginning. Very intense but in a good way. Really nice, simple, clean family scenes with the kids and J.R. and Cara, then J.R. checking on them. And still a lot of heat between DT and EN. I love them, and I like the Heather angle as well.

The location shoot was nicely done, as always. The baby angle I am not sure on - they can't seriously expect me or anyone to believe Cassandra would want to keep this fuckin' baby, not in a million years. With this particular situation, that would be a kind of reductive, antiquated thinking I'm not sure even CBS Daytime or Days would've gone for in the last decade. I hope there's an angle to it other than what I fear, with Cass wanting to keep it or something. But it is good drama for now.

Dixie and Dr. Anders I am still agnostic on. He could be interesting but so far his dialogue is like he's a killer robot sent from the future to learn our Earth love.

Lea and Zach improved significantly today - their undercover op was cute and fun, and they had real heat all episode long. Just solid.

I am debating watching each of these shows in an hour block for now. I dunno. Right now I'm mixing 'em up in alternating shows, at least.

• Members

Pine Charles, thank you for the info about Tonya Pinkins. I had no idea her personal life was such a mess. :( I felt like Jack was all over the place as a lawyer - won't lie on the witness stand about how often he slept with Erica to help her keep Bianca, but will help Laurel dispose of a body and hide someone's death, will steal drugs from a police evidence room to plant on Michael Cambias, can't keep Greenlee from being convicted for murdering David when David wasn't really dead, etc.). With Livia, you pretty much knew that character was going to get a darn good defense as far as soaps go, and I thought she was one of the better lawyers AMC had who was also a main character. Barry Shire seemed to know his stuff, but we never knew much about him beyond him being Adam's long-time lawyer.

To me, Trevor as a lawyer was pretty ridiculous, although Erica's reaction to him representing her was pretty fabulous. Liza as a lawyer made no sense to me since I don't think she'd been to college, and she should have been arrested for parental kidnapping or at least interference with custody, which possibly could have kept her from being admitted to any state bar. Marissa as a lawyer was pretty ridiculous too since I'm fairly certain it's hard to be admitted to the bar if your resume includes massages with happy endings as a method for paying for law school. That Bianca would have trusted novice lawyer Marissa to handle an international custody battle with Reese was just ridiculous and totally stupid on Bianca's part.

Archived