Y&R: July 2013 Discussion

• Members

From an acting perspective, you've got a point. But the logic behind waiting 18 years? And we're not supposed to believe that Nick is a villain? Only the most skilled of storytellers could pull this off and that ain't JG. It's still to be revealed how Summer reacts and what the emotional impact will be, since they've decided to d-r-a-g out this reveal.

For what it's worth, I think HK is a capable actress and I hope she 'knocks it out the park'.

I was just saying that perhaps, this may be one of the reasons why JG has had a unsuccessful execution with resolving this story, especially Nick's instigating this whole thing. JMO, but it's simply not working for me.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the revisit it coming because it should have been good drama...and like the OP said earlier, it was been ruined by poor performances and unclear/incomplete writing. They are also wanting to beef up the Abbots presence on canvas. If Jack is the patriarch, he will need children and grandchildren to lord over. LOL.

I also think that they wanted to sever all ties that Phick had...I figure that in a year's time, Summer will be full fledged Abbot and only have sporadic interactions with the Newman's. The love will always be there but I doubt she is written to spend much time with then unless it is to act as a conscious or she is dating Noah, which I think the show is angling for...I really do. Sad to say.

I am definitely not enthused about Jack having another adult child.

• Members

JM may not want Nick to be the villain but Nick is coming off as a selfish unfeeling ass with no real concern about Summer throughout this story. Nick should lose everything but this will probably draw him and Sharon closer together.

I don't think Summer will end up dating Noah. RA even said recently he taped some very brotherly scenes with HK.

• Members

Thank you all for the character info. I guess I hadn't seen Abby since she was a little girl on Ashley's lap and I was confused because I thought I heard her refer to Jack as "dad" while whispering with Kyle. First cousins, not brother and sister, got it.

Phyllis/Kyle/Summer gives me Liza/Damon/Colby deja vu. The actors' hair colors are even a match.

• Members

Ohhh! The press conference, right? When you don't watch regularly, your brain stops connecting the dots. One thing's for sure, Eileen Davidson looks like she's having a helluva lot more fun on DOOL.

• Members

I don't see a Summer and Noah hookup coming at all. I do see Courtney and Noah tho since the actress said her character will start liking a guy soon. Its already clear in today's scenes that Courtney is hot for Noah.

• Members

I thought the scene with Delia was sweet and a nice contrast to the more serious scenes with Nikki. I really hope that this is the beginning of the end of Billy and Victoria.

Now we have a Kevin/Alex friendship? Gah, we will ever get rid of horrible Kevin.

Tyler needs to chill out and go start his own independent marketing firm.

Archived