Y&R: July 2013 Discussion

• Members

I agree that there was much in the article that was spot on. JFP and Josh Griffin are not the answer to this show's woes as CBS and Sony had hoped. In fact, they're a pretty lame fit, probably the weakest team to ever lead this once great, iconic soap. JFP's main problem lo these many years is her insecurity as an EP. She surrounds herself with "friends" (actors, producers, writers) who are beholding to her whether they fit into the show or story (they usually don't). Also, she has no vision for Y&R. Change the music, change the sets, change the wardrobe, but don't touch the boring, inane stories. Just get fairly talentless, pretty faces to try and sell it to the audience (again, because they're my friends). Josh and Jill need to go. Bring back the Bell writers from days gone by (which would mean raiding B&B's writing staff since most of them landed there), let them tell Bill Bell stories and refocus the show on the characters the audience cares about. Steve Kent won't do it unless CBS makes him. No way he's going to fire his "bestie" Jill since it would be a huge admission on his part how wrong he was to bring her on board in the first place. But she and Josh don't get this soap. Jill never will.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who is/are Abigail and Kyle's mother(s)? I only watched Hollywood Heights two or three times, but they are dressing Abigail exactly like the actress' diva/bitch-in-training character on HH.

Carmine's "acting" on yesterday's show was laughable, but it's obvious that his acting ability isn't what won him the role.

Phyllis is a horrible person.

• Members

Don't you tell Michael Muhney that. Man, he would be hot if RW was nominated or won before him! And I would sitting in front of my computer screen watching the fall out. LOL.

But I agree. RW is the best young person that Y&R has seen in a long, long time. Too bad Y&R is so conservative and he is stuck playing love interest to Lily for the forseeable future.

• Members

I know the show is trying to pretend that it's because she doesn't want to hurt Summer by revealing this life-changing secret, but more likely it is because Phyllis is still hopelessly dickmatized (or Nickmatized).

• Members

I guess it is her voice that bothers me more than anything. But I will eat my words and say that when Kyle put the breaks on their relationship yesterday, HK didn't say a word but said an enormous amount with her eyes and face. She did this little, confused, hurt nod and I felt for her. So I take that back. HK was very good.

I felt downright sorry for Summer yesterday. She has a selfish (non-bio) father, a crazy mother and the object of her affections is her trifling, long-chinned brother. It really is too bad. If this were The Borgias and Kyle were Cesare (François Arnaud), I'd prob say 'Get it, girl.'

• Members

Because these writers are complete buffoons. This is completely out-of-character for Phyllis (she ain't no Brooke HOgan). Seriously, at worst, Phyllis would set-up some SCHEME - remember when Phyllis was know for those? - where Kyle would be caught by Summer with another woman (or, even better, a man). She just wouldn't do this to Summer or Jack. Makes no sense at all.

• Members

The casting hasn't been bad on Y&R lately...well, except for Dylan. That has been a waste.

This paternity storyline needs to unfold itself already, because it's making me tired. Jack's standing around clueless, not knowing an iota of what's going on. Summer took off because of Kyle which isn't enough of a reason to take off. Had she been told the truth and ran off, that would make more sense but she and Kyle went on what 2, maybe 3 dates??

People complained about the Gus and Congressman Wheeler taking too much time to unfold but this is taking so much longer than that. I wonder if Michelle Stafford's exit cause them to stretch this storyline somehow to cover Phyllis' exit. It just all seems to be playing out in an awkward fashion where it began with so much progress.

Archived