B&B: July 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

You have Brooke not wanting to tell the truth for Katie's sake, yet she will be once again screw Bill in another country? I guess that don't count if they aren't on US soil? Does anything have a point to it?

This is how GH is. There is never really a point to anything, but BB is better to look at and more entertaining. This is just another "let's get Brooke to her latest Destiny" [and who woulda thunk...a penis is attached to this destiny as well], and it matters not how we get her there. You would think that Brook would not want anything to do with Bill after this, but...

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, it definitely was/is a wrong turn. Prior to this storyline, Brooke had always been my favorite BB character, but this storyline has completely turned me against the character. For the writers to try and sell Bill and Brooke's tryst as romantic and them as star crossed lovers was pathetic. Add to that the horse metaphor crap and those two buttholes actually trying to excuse and justify their despicable behavior by blaming a woman suffering from PPD, Brooke has fallen so far down in my estimation I doubt I'll ever root for her again.

• Members

Someone is going to have to play the foils for Brooke and Hope now that Stephenie, Steffy and Taylor are all gone. I'm going to be interested to see how Brad deals with that. Is Katie going to have a place on the show without Bill? I hope so.

I'm almost rooting for Bill and Brooke to get together. They are each others own worst punishment. The only question is who will cheat first. My money's on Brooke. Men have generally been pretty faithful to her over the years.

• Members
But Heather Tom is basically their Emmy ticket, especially now with Susan Flannery gone. Would they really allow her to be backburnered? Maybe she could even have a storyline that (GASP!) does not involve a romantic relationship.

• Members

You just never know with Brad. He has wasted so many actors and so many opportunities. I hope they figure out something to do with Katie. This show needs a couple more men in their 30's/40's. Bringing Thorne up from the basement is one thought. Recasting Ridge is another. Maybe bringing back Nick or recasting him. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I hope they do something with Donna and Katie if they are going to keep them around.

• Members

It seems like Katie's entire relationship with Bill has been him cheating on her with other women. Her other story has included having a lot of heart attacks. and banging her niece's boyfriend/husband/whatever in a tacky story that send out bad messages about suicide. I think they're keeping this character on because of Heather Tom, not because of her value to the canvas. Unless they get tired of Heather Tom, they'll probably find something for her to do.

This is where they need to bring in another guy in that 30-50 age range, beyond icky Bill and the dye job.

To me nothing can be worse than the Deacon story. This is basically just another shock value saga of a Logan woman bedding a relative's husband. Katie had this story herself. The Deacon story where she betrayed her daughter was one I never thought was true to her, and I have never felt the same way about the character since that time. Since then they just seem to recycle "oops, I lost my panties" stories for Brooke and random men to try to make everyone gasp. It all blurs together.

• Members

Ive not seen it that way. At all.

his story has basically highlighted that Katie is being betrayed and hurt by all of this and what a careless, selfish whore brooke is.

Even if not tho, and you see it the opposite way, HT has been given great material to play while KKL is given the same old scene she has had for 20 something years.

• Members

Katie hasn't been used for anything else than prop Brooke's story. I really don't remember her doing anything else this year. From time to time they write a scene where she has emotional breakdown and she gets an Emmy. It's that simple.

• Members

Is there any way that Hunter Tylo can get a last-minute reprieve and B&B can keep Taylor on the show?! Can't believe that I, a Brooke fan, am saying that, but I need that vengeful snoop on B&B! I really do. In this case, she is entirely within her rights to expose Brooke after Brooke tried to use Eric and break up Taylor's marriage. Taylor vs. Brooke is still where it's at because these two characters are like oil and water in temperament -- and yet so alike in a lot of ways. So many times Taylor has attacked Brooke and Hope for the very things she and Steffy have done, and then Brooke turns around and vindicates what she is saying.

That makes me look at B&B currently (factor in Tylo's leaving) in a completely different way. Katie is essentially going to pick up where Taylor left off.

Archived