B&B: July 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I only wish that right after Katie slapped Bill, she calmly walked over to Brooke and slapped her too. That's coming from someone who thinks that soaps have way too much slapping going on, but if ever a situation called for it. Damn.

One thing we can probably all agree on is that Brad knows how to get us all going.

• Members

Brad really knows how to give us a payoff. An excellent job on this episode. Seriously, everyone in disbelief that Brooke could do this? That was the best part. It was like Taylor was the only one who was willing to speak about the "emperor's new clothes." Seriously. I will admit that KKL silent presentation was perfect. She had guilt and shame all over her face. As I indicated in spoilers when the preview video for today came out, I knew that Heather T would only reinforce the reason why she is one of the best actors in daytime. The best thing that ever happened to her was leaving Y&R and playing a REAL woman. Hunter T did an excellent job as well. I'm glad they gave her something significant for this (latest) goodbye. She'll be back.

The Caroline stuff had me howling - especially when she was getting all dramatic and passionate. She is so much better a comedic b*tch than the good girl they launch on us last summer. (I thought she was going to be Hope II.)

Brad really knows how to give us a payoff. An excellent job on this episode. Seriously, everyone in disbelief that Brooke could do this? That was the best part. It was like Taylor was the only one who was willing to speak about the "emperor's new clothes." Seriously. I will admit that KKL silent presentation was perfect. She had guilt and shame all over her face. As I indicated in spoilers when the preview video for today came out, I knew that Heather T would only reinforce the reason why she is one of the best actors in daytime. The best thing that ever happened to her was leaving Y&R and playing a REAL woman. Hunter T did an excellent job as well. I'm glad they gave her something significant for this (latest) goodbye. She'll be back.

The Caroline stuff had me howling - especially when she was getting all dramatic and passionate. She is so much better a comedic b*tch than the good girl they launch on us last summer. (I thought she was going to be Hope II.)

• Members

I completely agree about the character Caroline and the actress that portrays her. This characterization is a hoot. She's all kinds of wrong trying to snag a guy who doesn't want her, but dang it all I'm really enjoying her exploits. It would a hoot if she started getting the hots the Lawyer guy whose name I can't remember at the moment.

• Members

Yeah. I've never had an issue with KKL's acting. She's not Heather Tom, but she's still a very good soap actress, imo. I feel like even though this was a great payoff, Brad has wronged the character of Brooke with this story. It's just too much. She's starting to come of as a sociopath. How can I believe she is sorry when she keeps destroying one woman's life after the next. People she claims to love.

This is what happens when the writer focuses too much on one character (or small group). Why not give this story to Donna. Better yet, invest in Felicia. Felicia and Katie could have been BBF's and then Felicia betrays Katie.

Not every scandal needs to land on Brooke's door step. This one is particularly bad because Brooke looks so pathetic. KKL is a ridiculously beautiful woman, but Brooke just looks like a desperate, aging skank in this storyline because she's gone down this road once too often.

• Members

That was some good stuff! Loved every minute of it! Thank you so much Divine for the link! So much appreciated!

I thoroughly enjoyed this eppy, but I have to agree with Julie. Every scandal has to fall at Brooke's feet? She is a sociopath, and then BB get a romantic getaway? Bill has no respect for his audience at all!

Archived