B&B: July 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seeing that takes me back twenty years, when I was baffled as to why a woman I considered to be self-righteous, boring, and smug had taken over as B&B's lead heroine after Caroline died. In the eternal Brooke vs Taylor war, I was for Brooke, until the point where the writing became so putrid I couldn't care about anyone.

I did grow to like Taylor more over time. I wish they'd done more with the more scheming side of the character.

Hunter Tylo was a stunning woman in those peak years and I hope that if this is truly it for her and B&B she finds a good job elsewhere and doesn't become known for personal headlines again.

As for JMW, I became fond of Steffy over time, and JMW knew how to play the good/bad girl expertly. I wish her luck, although I'm sure she won't need it. And I hope she stops with the fillers.

• Members

I think the turning point came for me, when Brooke chased after every man the way she did after Ridge. I could understand (sort of) why she never gave up on her "true love", even after he was committed to other people. Once she started doing it with every man and his brother, it became pathetic.

I was thrilled the first time Hunter left. I had no use for Taylor at that point, but I do think she would have been a good nemesis for Brooke over the next few years. Brooke needs a Stephenie or Taylor to generate a little sympathy, I think. Oh well.

• Members

Not for me. If I begin to watch regularly, I won't miss those two low rent hypocrite bitches at all. Everything they've accused Brooke and Hope of, each has done themselves. Making a complete fool of themselves over a man who isn't worth it. They are no different!

Great banner, Cheap!

• Members

Looking forward to today's episode. I do wonder if HT will be back in a few months. It was obvious from Friday's episode that we'd be seeing more Honey Bear scenes in the future. Eric defending that Broohoe and tossing Taylor aside. Ugh.

• Members

I've seen parts of various episodes online but nothing makes me want to tune in. The biggest plus is that it is under 30 minutes.

There's not that much in the way of real conflict or drama on this show. The young guys are all pretty generic and dull. The two that get shown the most, Rick and Liam, are both complete flakes. There needs to be a young bad guy or at lease one with an edge to spice things up.

Bill needs an adversary in his age group. He looks idiotic threatening Maya.

I'm guessing Wyatt's mother will be Brooke's new enemy.

Overall, this show is stuck in purgatory where it's not completely awful but it's not terribly interesting.

Archived