AMC: Who is Jane McIntyre?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Several people have speculated that she's connected to David because she seems a little uncomfortable around him. There's also a slight resemblance in their facial structure, and her coloring is similar to Marj Dusay's, so some people have speculated that perhaps she's David's sister and that Vanessa is alive. IIRC, Vincent Irizarry commented recently in an interview that he'd love to have Vanessa back. I'm not sure he'd throw out that big of a hint, but I guess we'll see. Someone else pointed out to me that Jane seems very protective of AJ and Miranda when they're in the coffee shop - breaking up fights, threatening the students if they shamed Miranda, etc. If she's David's sister, then that would make her AJ's great-aunt, and she would have been Marissa and Babe's aunt as well, so if she knows that she's related to David, that could explain her actions (or maybe she's just a really nice person, idk).

I hated Alec McIntyre the first time around, and I have no desire to see him come back. I'm not sure what the point would be in giving him a sister and setting her up in Pine Valley.

I've also pointed out on another board that twice in the past AMC has used the name Jane for a character who isn't who she says she is: Jane Campbell who pretended to be Erica, and Janet Green, who used the name Jane after she had work done on her face so she could worm her way back into Trevor's life. I don't think it's coincidence that this new character is named Jane.

• Members

I am hoping they will bring new Kane's into the mix. Maybe Jane could be Erica and Davids half sister? Maybe Vanessa had an affair with Eric at some point!!

BTW who is this Alec person??

She already seems more honest than him so maybe they will have a Stuart/Adam dynamic.

• Members

Alec McIntyre was on for about 2 years in the 90s and was played by Grant Aleksander (who is best known as Phillip on Guiding Light). Alec was involved with both Hayley (Kelly Ripa) and her mother Arlene...and was an evil guy. One of the most memorable scenes the character had was when he forced alcohol on Arlene. He was also Jamal's biological father (Jamal was being raised by Tom and his wife as they had an interracial marriage.)

• Members

When Vanessa hit the scene, I speculated that David was her child with Eric (Vanessa, a former starlet, had her first scenes with Erica and David and the subtext was loaded from the jump). They had already done somethimg similar with Erica and Mark/Goldie and Silver, but I thought they might do it again. I wrote to TV Guide Online about this and Reiner loved the idea but the show didn't go there. SL and VI were too good of a match to be wasted romantically anyway. They did go for the next best scenario, Vanessa having had an affair with Richard Fields resulting in Kendall's brother Trey.

*waits for Cheap*

• Members

Then of course there's that possibility.

I dunno, I get kind of annoyed when a name gets recycled on the same show when there are so many names in this world to choose from. OTOH, we live in a world where there were no less than five Michaels, Jessicas, and Elizabeths in my grade, K-12. And this is a Jane, the definitive generic female name. Y&R had two Johns, Burns and Allen, two Harrys.

At any rate, it's hard to avoid trying to place her when soaps love connecting satellite characters to the main families, some way, some how. Particularly if they are popular and male (see ABC's OLTL).

• Members

I agree. I found it odd as well that her name was Jane McIntyre, considering the Jane AMC angle and the McIntyre AMC angle, so I was speculating all of the same things. But it's been a few months and I just don't see them doing anything with her, which sucks. They should.

I mean, I hope I'm wrong. I'm sure there's more to her but they are starting to drop the ball with her, so that's why I figured maybe she's just a supporting player who somewhere down the road will finally get something to do. I wish they would. I like her, what little we've seen.

• Members

They will be doing something with her. Heather commented to a few reporters at the Emmy's that fans will have to wait 'about a month' to start to see the storyline for Jane and that they've filmed 40 episodes and they shot 'interesting' stuff so far. She's also implied there's more than meets the eye to Jane.

• Members

I'm not Cheap, but I thought Culliton was leading up to eventually revealing Eric as Leo's father.

I don't think the last name means anything here. It reminds me of Travis & Jackson Montgomerey coming on in the late 1980s with no relation to Claudette Montgomerey from the 1970s. Sometimes people just have the same name.

I do think she has a connection to David, though, from the way she acts around him.

Archived