Wouldn't It Be Great If...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I also want a classic soap channel. Now that all these OTA, digital subchannels are popping up featuring classic shows, it would be so cool to have one dedicated to soaps, or at least, have soaps be part of the schedule. And if this is not feasible on tv, then stream them online...a real, honest-to-goodness library, not just you-tube uploads or the occasional show here and there. I wish P & G would bring back their streaming of shows like they were doing a few years ago with EON and AW.

• Members

I'm a big fan of all of these free digital antenna stations available on basic television, with new ones like Movies! continuing to pop up. Many of them are built around a particular company's movie/series catalogue, so imagine P&G for example getting in on one of these stations. Or even one 30 min. slot of classic Y&R on Sony run This (or is it Antenna TV?). Frankly, I'm more interested in classic Nixon soaps so if her shows could find a spot on an antenna network answer to SoapNet, that would be even better.

I wish there were more attempts at cheaply produced and highly entertaining syndicated late night soaps. I'd settle for once a week, like after SNL.

• Members

Exactly. I realize every classic series has its loyal fans, but sometimes I think I'm the only one up watching Jack Benny at 3am. If word got round that they were showing classic AMC or OLTL, and EVERYbody could watch it for free on the tayvay, I think they'd get some impressive numbers.

• Members

If someone could make that happen...if only someone would make that happen. And I love the idea of it being so accessible by digital antenna.

I think one of the things I've always admired about stations like Telemundo is that regardless of what changes happen with the passage of time, technology, what have you...Telemundo and Univision have maintained strong signals that can be grabbed by a decent antenna.

Even though they are also transmitted via cable and Satellite, they've never ceded their signal so that people with simple antenna's can tune in.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the telenovelas have terrific ratings, even in an era of declining ratings for TV shows across the boards.

And I was raised on P&G soaps, so I'd LOVE a channel dedicated to P&G soaps and why not? Okay, well P&G would most likely be the biggest obstacle. But could you imagine those classic episodes, ATWT & GL back to back with those episodes filmed in Santo Domingo, D.R.? I want to plan programming for this channel that has sprung from your imagination, SFK!wub.png

• Members

My latest obsession is Sabado Gigante, so I love your mention of Univision. I'm a theatre actor so I'm usually in performance on Saturday nights, but since my last show closed, I've been staying in on Saturdays and learning Spanish watching Sabado Gigante, which is the most perfect "something for everyone" Saturday night family program I have ever had the pleasure of watching. I plan on following "Tempestad", Univision's latest novella that debuts this month.

• Members

Ha, they still feed people to that booth thing while El Chacal and the little person act muy dramatico. Natalie Cole recently released a Spanish album and she was on there two weeks ago. I felt all "included" as Don Franciso spoke English with her. I love the show but was caught a bit off guard when they did their weekly panel discussion with the kids and the topic was breast and butt implants. Inappropriate. "Si-ga-no! Gano! Gano! Gano! Claro que se lo gano!"

Archived