Wouldn't It Be Great If...

• Members

Seeing all the posts in the AMC/OLTL threads about people's dreams, wishes, hopes for their favorite soaps gave me an idea for a separate thread since I didn't want to post something non PP shows related but here it is:

What are you Dreams, Wishes, Hopes, Fantasies for Soaps?

It could be your favorite soap, for Daytime Soaps as a Whole, for a Soap that doesn't even exist...just a free flow of ideas. I'm interested in what other people think on this.

I'll start:

Wouldn't it be Great if,

There were on All Access, online You Tube Channel (or something like it) that had video and audio clips and episodes of daytime dramas in one place? Especially rare soaps and ones that are rarely paid attention to?

-All those great radio soaps

-clips from early television episodes of soaps.

-interviews from talk shows featuring soap stars, writers, etc.

-classic clips from commercials and ads featuring soap stars

-The best of the tribute reels/videos of beloved soap stars who are no longer around.

Maybe to make the soaps more organized there would be a focus on Daytime Soaps.

I know that's just a dream as it would require the consent of the networks and they'd never give it, so this is really just a dream.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My other Wouldn't it Be Great if...

The Daytime Emmys could start over? Have a more intimate but classier affair?

I saw a clip a few weeks ago from the 1st Daytime Emmys, which was held in Rockefeller Plaza, which I know would be a security nightmare and impossible today, but I like the simplicity, and understated elegance of the affair.

When the daytime genre was larger than life in the 1980s/1990s, big and splashy made sense but now trying to do big and splashy on a budget just fails in this case.

I'd love to see them do a simpler affair. Intimate but elegant. Broadcast and Live Stream simultaneously. My only must is if you're going to spend money please get the technology right and show some damn clips of the performances. Then on the website, they can run extras like those dreadful couch interviews but without eating away time for the broadcast. They could also include press room interviews or backstage. But keep the actual awards show simple and classy.

• Members

Oh I wish the Daytime Emmys would be better so I could look forward to them like I used to instead of cringing and muting them on TV out of embarrassment when others walk in the room. And for the SOD awards which were just so fun.

Other wishes:

I wish we could time travel to 1997 and ABC would pick up Claire Labine's Lois spin-off instead of PC.

I wish GH could do a Dallas style dream sequence so we could forget about the 2000s. I would stop time maybe around where Lucky "died." Its not feasible and it would make a mess of things & I understand all that but this is soaps dreams and so many wrongs could be righted. Realistically, I'd settle for just enjoying GH again.

I wish complete eps or edited versions of famous stories were more easily accessible for all shows- but I feel greedy here- YT has given us more access to classic soap clips than I could have ever dreamed of as a middle schooler who read those ABC coffee table books cover to cover over and over to learn history.

I wish ABCD would get an energetic exec like Angelica McD who would be excited about the genre & develop a new soap, invalidating everything Frons said.

Mostly though now, I hope PP is successful with AMC & OLTL and this is the start of a renaissance for the genre online- whether that means new soaps (I'm sure Agnes has an unused bible somewhere) or reboots of the obviously missed P&G soaps. I commend them, imperfections and all, for taking a chance on a genre that has been treated as a joke for so long and that everyone said was dead. We've heard for so long that the soaps are on borrowed time- its fun to have reasons to hope again. Love this topic DD.

ETA oh and I forgot to say I wish that on AMC David will make reference to the fact that Leo was indeed alive and he and Greenlee reunited. I saw today that Josh D wished RB a happy birthday on Twitter and I was a 13 year old fan girl again. So that is my 13 year old self's wish.

• Members

I wish ABC would release all archived episodes of AMC and OLTL on youtube or hulu. I'd totally pay for an online database, but since we're fantasizing free works for me.

I wish AMC/PP/TOLN would wrap up this awful Cassandra story. It's not entertaining to see how much one woman can be victimized.

I wish Susan Lucci would come back to AMC for a really well-done story arc with Bianca, Miranda and Kendall.

• Members

Give me a scene [about 12 minutes long] with Elizabeth Hubbardwub.png Victoria Wyndhamwub.png Linda Danowub.png Carment Duncanwub.png and Victoria Rowellwub.png , and I ask for nothing else

Well, maybe a nice adventure [old school] with Anna, Carly, Shawn, AJ, Dante, Luke - written by someone other than Craptini, and yeah, that would make me happy!

• Members

It's fun reading people's ideas.

A comprehensive soap channel would be great but if they're going to add International Soaps, they should have an online component that everyone can access worldwide. Unless part of your fantasy would be to have open borders where Broadcasts are concerned.smile.png

• Members

Yeah they really should relaunch an all-soap channel. They don't even have to carry any new, current episodes. Daytime soaps and soapy Primetime shows like Melrose, 90210, (and Sisters!) and the big 4 of the 80's.

Of the soaps, they should air classics as well as more recent (past 10 years) and really emphasize the eras and decades they're airing at the time.

P&G need to get their heads out of their bums and use their massive archival footage of soaps to their advantage while viewers are still interested (and alive) to release DVDs like SoapClassics did. Really, everyone should do this. P&G, ABC, Bell/Sony/Corday. There's a market and interest in these old shows, but don't wait until the interest is gone or the longtime viewers are dead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I wrote on AMC's wall:

Is is possible to show episodes from 1975 to 1980

and AMC wrote back:

All Kidding aside why wont any of us start a petition?? If I were to start a petition for ABC to release all the episodes how should I do it? I mean what petition site is the best??

Archived