AMC & OLTL Get Summer Run On OWN

• Members

I actually think the ratings are probably OK for them. It is what it is, a summer run. We'll see. I'm sure they wanted bigger numbers but there are so many reasons why they shouldn't have expected anything but what they got (scheduling, summer, little promotion, etc.).

I think it will be fine, but it's only the first week.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As has been noted, their "hits" tend to be around the 1-1.5 million mark in prime time - most of their average performing shows in primetime seems to only hit around 400-500k viewers, so taking that into account you really can't expect these to draw big numbers in daytime.

• Members

Bumping this as TVGuide.com's listings now has AMC and OLTL listed as scheduled from 1-2 back to back Monday-Thursday and no more Friday marathons. Why wasn't there an announcement about this change?

• Members

Well this is what we all said they should have done. Now if they were adding a 7 or 11 pm hour too, we'd really be in business. I don't see 1 or 3 as that huge of a huge difference. Maybe this way more fans of 1 show watch the whole hour. I guess maybe the only thing is other soaps are on at 1 and not 3 but I'm not sure that's a huge deal- I'm not sure how many AMC & OLTL refugee fans migrated to DOOL OR CBS.

• Members

Exactly a fan of AMC might not wait for a new OLTL through a repeat AMC & 2 repeat OLTLs but this way, its like why not leave it on especially if you're waiting to switch to GH at 2. Similarly, if you were waiting for a new OLTL at 3, you might not put the TV on 2 hours ahead but maybe you put it on at 1:15-1:20 and realize AMC is really pretty good and start trying it.

Archived