AMC & OLTL Get Summer Run On OWN

• Members
ALL MY CHILDREN’ AND ‘ONE LIFE TO LIVE’ SET FOR SUMMER FLING ON OWN: OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK WITH EXCLUSIVE 10-WEEK LIMITED ENGAGEMENT
Beloved Soaps To Air Monday-Thursday at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. ET/PT Beginning July 15 See full press release
1004419_10151579529883393_85261558_n.jpg

Los Angeles – OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is hosting a summer fling for soap fans as the network has acquired the first 40 episodes of The OnLine Network’s reprisal of the popular daytime dramas “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” for a special exclusive 10-week limited engagement. Half-hour episodes of each show will air Monday through Thursday beginning Monday, July 15 with “All My Children” at 1 p.m. ET/PT and “One Life to Live” at 3 p.m. ET/PT only on OWN.

"These shows have proven to be very popular with a significant, loyal fan base, not to mention Oprah herself is a big fan,” said Erik Logan, president, OWN. “Many of our viewers across numerous platforms have expressed their passion for the soaps so we are especially excited to air this limited engagement on OWN.”

“We are really excited to bring OWN viewers and our audience at large an opportunity to catch up on ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’ on traditional television,” said Jeff Kwatinetz, CEO Prospect Park Networks. “We look forward to our millions of fans enjoying the first 40 episodes of the shows."

“All My Children” revisits the citizens of Pine Valley following the cliffhanger finale of the long-running network series, which saw a gun pointed at a room filled with the community’s elite, and a shot ringing out. Now, five years later, longtime series characters including Brooke English (Julia Barr) and Adam Chandler (David Canary) reflect on the aftermath of that fateful event, new characters are introduced, and life in Pine Valley continues to be fueled by the drama and action that has made the Emmy Award-winning series a fan favorite for decades. Longtime series stars Darnell Williams (Jesse Hubbard), Debbi Morgan (Dr. Angela Hubbard), Vincent Irizarry (Dr. David Hayward), Lindsay Hartley (Cara Martin), Jordi Vilasuso (Griffin Castillo), Jill Larson (Opal Cortlandt), Thorsten Kaye (Zach Slater), Julia Barr (Brooke English), Eden Riegel (Bianca Montgomery), Cady McClain (Dixie Cooney), Ray MacDonnell (Dr. Joe Martin), David Canary (Adam Chandler), Matthew Cowles (Billy Clyde Tuggle) and Michael Nader (Dimitri Marick), are joined by newcomers Robert Scott Wilson (Pete Cortlandt), Sal Stowers (Cassandra Foster), Eric Nelsen (AJ Chandler), Denyse Tontz (Miranda Montgomery), Jordan Lane Price (Celia Fitzgerald), Paula Garces (Lea Marquez), Brooke Newton (Colby Chandler), Jason Pendergraft (Dr. Anders), Heather Roop (Jane McIntyre) and Ryan Bittle (JR Chandler).

As “One Life to Live” makes its return to the small screen, everyone in Llanview, PA is preparing for the opening of a new nightclub, Shelter. But the fun and games of Llanview’s nightlife are soon interrupted by a murder that puts everyone on edge. Longtime series stars return including Melissa Archer (Natalie Buchanan Banks), Kassie DePaiva (Blair Cramer), Roger Howarth (Todd Manning), Florencia Lozano (Tea Delgado), Kelley Missal (Danielle Manning), Erika Slezak (Victoria Lord), Hillary B. Smith (Nora Buchanan), Robin Strasser (Dorian Lord), Jerry verDorn (Clint Buchanan), Tuc Watkins (David Vickers), Robert S. Woods (Bo Buchanan), Shenaz Treasury (Rama Patel), Josh Kelly (Cutter Wentworth) and Andrew Trischitta (Jack Manning) as well as new cast members Corbin Bleu (Jeffrey King), Robert Gorrie (Matthew Buchanan), Laura Harrier (Destiny Evans), Paolo Seganti (Arturo Bandini), Ron Raines (Carl Peterson) and recurring cast including Nick Choksi (Vimal Patel), Alice Callahan (Kate), Marnie Schulenburg (Jo Sullivan) and Sean Ringgold (Shaun Evans).

New episodes of both series, which returned online on April 29, 2013, are being produced by Prospect Park and The OnLine Network (TOLN). “One Life to Live” originally debuted on ABC in 1968 and “All My Children” originally debuted on ABC in 1970. The shows were created by Agnes Nixon, and each ran for more than 40 years, until 2011. Both series have won numerous Daytime Emmys, and have earned hundreds of nominations in various categories.

For more information:

http://www.theonlinenetwork.com

About OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network

OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey’s heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.

For more, please visit http://www.press.discovery.com/us/own

Follow on Twitter @OWNTV

Show hashtags: #OLTL and #AMC

###

Media Contacts:

Wendy Luckenbill

Vice President, Communications

OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network

323-602-5566

[email protected]

Melissa Zukerman

Principal Communications Group for Prospect Park

323-658-1555

[email protected]

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now can I get them uncensored on Hulu? Please? Eric Nelsen's pretty, filthy little mouth's not going to hold up for another minute!

I had hoped Oprah might reconsider of late, but I suspected her ego would be too monstrous to walk back her public dismissal of the shows - which made sense for her, at that time, but is still somewhat embarrassing today with OWN having spiraled out and then having to turn to Tyler Perry and scripted soaps. I'm glad she did it.

• Members

I'm counting on others here to back me up and email PP about this uncensored on Hulu thing, alright. I already pitched it to Kwatinetz a few days ago. Knowing PP that means we're only about two more emails away from a reversal!

Archived