DAYS: 18-year vet Richard Bloore returns as costume designer

• Members

"DAYS" WELCOMES HOME LONG-TIME COSTUME DESIGNER & HIRES LAUREN KOSLOW'S HUSBAND TOO!

Costume designer Richard Bloore has returned to his post at "Days" after a five-year absence. He replaces Jayne Marie Kehoe, who had been the costumer designer for "Days" since August 2008. Bloore, 58, started his career working for a rock-and-roll designer in the late 1970s. He started his soap career as the costume designer for "Santa Barbara" from 1984-1990. Bloore then joined "Days" as its costume designer in April 1990 and stayed with the show until August 2008. He was Daytime-Emmy nominated for his work at "Days" in 1997, 1999 and 2006. In an interview Bloore did in 2011, he stated that "I just hope I will get another chance at being a part of that family feeling (at work) again." Well, that chance has now come. Welcome back, Richard, to the "Days" family! Bloore reported back to work earlier this month, so look for his first costume designs on screen beginning around October 1...In previously announced news, Nick Schillace, the husband of Lauren Koslow (Kate) took over as head of the makeup and hair departments earlier this month. Schillace, 59, started his career in daytime at "The Young and the Restless" from 1984-1986, which is where he met his wife and won a Daytime Emmy in 1985. He also has worked at "Knots Landing" (1988-1993) and "Beverly Hills, 90210" (1993-1999). Schillace will also have his work debut on-screen around October 1. He released this statement on Facebook: "O.K.... So here's the news you've been waiting for. It has been in the works for over a year, but it has finally a reality. I have been tapped by the great leadership at Days of Our Lives to help guide the look of the show into the 21st century. That's right... you heard me... I have been given the opportunity to oversee the makeup and hair department at Days. I am honored and excited to work... alongside the wonderful cast and crew of Days, and to try to make a difference in the look of the show. I want to share the experience on a day to day basis with all of you, and the millions of Days fans out there, so I will be open to suggestions as to the best ways to achieve that. Maybe we can go "Into the Makeup Dept.". Any way, I wanted to share that with all of you. I will be keeping you posted, but until then, "keep your powder dry".

bloorerichard2011.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think the wardrobe is as bad as some on this board say it is.. but I do hope this helps us see improvements in the wardrobe dept. The absolute WORST I have ever seen in Wardrobe Dept was Carrie's Christmas 2011 sweater. It wouldn't have been as bad if they played it off as an "ugly sweater party" but they didn't..

Archived