• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wednesday's show was clearly another mash-up of two shows, but not as messy as that one a few weeks ago. A few unnecessary cut scenes. But I think they'll get the hang of it on both shows over time. Thank God the union debacle is resolved and OWN is on the scene - that will help tremendously, I think, with a lot of these stressors. With our own history with these shows it's easy to forget that these new forms of the shows are still start-ups, awkward and unwieldy in certain areas - sometimes pacing, sometimes a story or an edit, or simple ancillary material like, say, "David abd Colby Hoop Up" ([!@#$%^&*] classic).

It was a good show. I thought some of the teen/HS bully dialogue was as goofy as some of the [!@#$%^&*] on ABCD, but I enjoyed a simple school/youth scene - AMC hadn't bothered with this canvas in any remotely realistic way in years, and the Miranda/A.J./Heather/etc. stuff just works overall. Their scene in the bedroom where he all but admitted his love was tremendous, and Eric was very good. I also love that A.J., while gentle with his friends, is just this constant foulmouthed hothead otherwise - he's really endearing in that role. And they didn't bleep everything - there was still more profanity than ABC would allow. I also loved the location work, which looked gorgeous with those filters or whatever - and Billy Clyde intervening. That kind of coincidental encounter between two generations is classic AMC.

Dimitri and Brooke were good. Colby was still OTT. Calm down or recast. I'm still a little too intrigued about Dimitri and Opal myself. It's that Tempo stuff and the classic Nixonian teens, as well as Angie and Jesse, David, etc. that really brings AMC home to me.

I love Dixie, but as I said on the status feed this therapist thing still makes me snicker every time she drops in to offer her "expert" opinion. I'm for her and the doctor, at least for now. I know we'd all like Griffin but this dude reminds me of John Hamm. And I loved David ripping into her - everything he said about her and Tad would not have flown, unchallenged anyway, on ABCD.

• Members

The editing was light years better than 2 weeks ago.

Couldnt agree more on the teens- the dialogue can be a little heavy handed but I love that Pine Valley High is a thing again. Happy to see they didn't bleep every single possibly offensive utterance. And BCT appearing was just brilliant.

Oh and "David abd Colby Hoop Up" has been half corrected! It now reads "David abd Colby Hook Up" Good job guys- who do I email about being a volunteer spell-checker? I want to help.

• Members

Just watched Monday's show but couldn't find the thread....what a boring piece of work that episode was......David and Colby...ewwwwwwww....gross....the whole Cassandra story has gotten so old and tedious already....Opal selling the house that easily.....eyeroll.....

Archived