New episodes of AMC & OLTL to be posted on Mondays

• Members

It is a good idea & like you said it might allow for a 3rd ep to be slipped in to the schedule easily. I think it works better in theory with the 2 eps to make it basically a once a week thing. Its just that all of these changes are making PP look trigger happy and erratic and giving the anti-PP contingent (especially in the soap press) more ammo. And it makes AMC/OLTL fans who have been on a long, crazy roller coaster for years wonder where the next drop is coming so I'm trying to remember how impressed I was with jeff K on Fairman's interview last week.

Not sure how I'll watch now- I do like having a daily soap treat but I don't think I'll have the willpower to not watch 2. At the end of the day for me right now, the shows are quality & they're not further cutting down. I'm good.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn, get it together, make up your mind! That's what they need to do. It doesn't bother me as much as the fact that it moved to two days a week but the inconsistency is so annoying. Hopefully maybe, they are planning to make it three days a week but I really don't think so. I guess anything could happen though.

• Members

Think you're onto something with this Monday idea- the soap accounts are now tweeting #SoapMondays. There seems to be stuff competition for those top spots on Hulu with Pretty Little Liars, Bachelorette midweek plus the Daily Show stronghold on #1. In any case, its a good way to ensure people watch both. If you (well more casual fans than most of us) don't love the first ep of the week, you might skip the second but this way you'll probably keep going.

• Members

PP is steady bobbin' and weavin', just rollin' with the punches trying to avoid getting knocked the !@#$%^&*] out. Sometimes you swing a little prematurely and catch a blow in the liver, but you recover and recalibrate. I hope the audience doesn't feel too jerked around and can sense that these decisions aren't being made haphazardly, but in order to keep these shows up and running.

I read an interesting article about binge viewing in The Washington Post Express. The same endorphins that are released by any other pleasurable binge behaviour are released whilst bingeing on a riveting series. Many fans would be perfectly content with the first "seasons" of PP's AMC and OLTL being released in their entirety on one date. The problem that some of the creators of these online-released programs have with binge viewing is an issue akin to eating the entire sheet cake, drinking the whole box of wine, or screwing for the fifteenth time in one night: you start to go numb.

• Members

Monday is one of my usual days off, so I'm psyched to be able to watch both episodes of AMC before I start my day! But I will miss having more episodes throughout the week so this might work to make me catch OLTL more often.

Archived