New episodes of AMC & OLTL to be posted on Mondays

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to spend the next several weeks immersed in dozens of films and deadlines, it's ninety degrees here, and I can't settle on a sleep schedule. So at this point they could show my soaps on the back of a giant luck dragon as it sails through the skies of Brooklyn and I wouldn't care that much.

I was already well-immersed in the Land of Magical Thinking when AMC and OLTL came back from the [!@#$%^&*] dead, and were actually good - anything else is gravy to me. Yeah, I'd like 'em to stop changing it. No, at core nothing much has changed for me viewer-wise. And I got far bigger fish to fry this next month, so I can't really care.

• Members

If they don't want to be spoiled they should not go into the threads until after watching the weeks worth of episodes. A weekly thread is actually a good idea regardless of the lack of scheduling with each show. It's only two 20-24-minutes episodes a week for each show.

• Members

I don't think it's a big deal, I just hope that people won't look at this and decide they're tired of the back and forth. I'm still about a month behind so it's not going to affect me yet, but if someone was used to the old schedule they might wonder what's going on and if this is some bad sign.

• Members

I think people who decide to stop watching over the schedule already had bigger issues with the thing overall.

I do want them to stop changing it but in the end I just can't care. I'm sure it's likely an issue of getting more eyes quicker. But in the end it does not affect me personally, at least not here and now.

• Members

I don't think it's a big deal either but from a PR standpoint, it's not a good look. It makes PP look like knee-jerk reactive flakes. Is the clock ticking that loudly that they have to announce so many changes within such a short amount of time? I would've thought they might have announced changes after a season or within a quarterly period.

Maybe, these changes/announcements are far more methodical than we're giving them credit for but the appearance makes it look like it is willy-nilly. Looks harried.

I guess I keep forgetting that this is somewhat of an experiment and they are, in a way, making adjustments as they go along. They are taking some principles from Daytime, some from Primetime (kinda) and some from Online. This experiment is a kind of hybrid with no obvious antecedents.

• Members

There's some that are blindly loyal to PP. There's some that are looking for a reason to attack. That goes for fans and media alike. Neither is exactly the right setting. It's hard for most people to be on neutral just by human nature.

Archived