New episodes of AMC & OLTL to be posted on Mondays

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok whew thought they were cutting to 1 a week. Guess that was the whole "for the moment" language in their email yesterday. Another change looks kind of crazy but I think I actually like this schedule better than the staggered especially with the short eps. I don't know- whatever they have me no matter how its scheduled so my viewing habits are irrelevant.

• Members

It's not a change to the episodes per week so I can't get that fussed. I agree they should stop changing the schedule for a while, but it's not as big a deal to me as, say, cutting two per week or removing profanity.

It sounds as though it's reactive towards people still wanting binge viewing - they got complaints about daily viewing being enforced when they cut to two per week, so now there's this. And I don't encourage hyper-reactivity, but at the same time I'm not gonna complain about being able to watch an hour a day of OLTL. So whatever. As long as they're not cutting the episodes per week again I've seen it all before at this point.

In any event, I'm sure the self-appointed sages will do plenty of hyperventilating for me for about eight hours before moving on to something else.

• Members

They're probably still not getting as much viewers as they hoped for with the alternating schedule. It's clear the shows gets their highest viewership on Monday and then fall off. That's true even on television with serialized drama. There's very little competition Monday morning, due to lack of new Sunday night programming, on Hulu during the summer too. It's not a terrible idea.

• Webmaster

My new way of thinking of the TOLN soaps is by calling them the "schizo soaps." I can't anymore...

They might as well just release AMC and OLTL as 1-hour shows at this point. Why bother spreading out 2 episodes to release on Mondays? I mean, is it even worth it?

It didn't hit the boards yet. No worries.

• Members

Reading between the lines of business spin, the reason they cut the episodes is most likely because they weren't getting enough views to get the necessary returns they need.

They really might as well.

I expect that announcement this time next month ;)

• Members

Can we keep the thread structure pretty much as it is. Maybe Monday we have a thread for AMC and Tuesday we have a thread for OLTL,. I feel like having separate threads for each episode posted on Mondays will get chaotic. Or create one huge monthly thread for both shows similar to the rest of the soaps.

Archived