New episodes of AMC & OLTL to be posted on Mondays

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I suspect this sort of change doesn't matter as much on a platform like Hulu. Now the episodes exist in a particular place more than at a particular time. Everyone who's watching online knows where to find it. If they screwed with it in this way when it was on TV, it probably would have been a disaster. With an online platform, I have to wonder if any of these tweaks will really bother most viewers.

Of course, I do wonder if this is a sign of deeper instability, but I'm not going to fret over that at this point. If there is a deeper problem, we'll know soon enough.

• Members

This is insane how much they are messing with the schedule for these shows! They've not even been on two full months yet! I see their reasoning that Monday is the highest viewership day but this schitzo behavior worries me. It means the shows can't be doing as well as they hope they would.. I really hope the next schedule change we hear of isn't cancellation, but honestly at this point it wouldn't surprise me.

• Members

Yup. Mondays are a great day, because most sunday night TV is cable esp right now and they dont pop up on hulu the next day and tend to be more appointment TV that people watch that night. Hulu's other soap, East Los High is still m-f tho and seems to be usually at the top of the exclusively on hulu chart, along with ESSEX, then amc/oltl and pramfrace.

Yup. Very predictable, all around...

I agree for the most part, that they are just trying to figure this out and its a little crazy because it is the first time something like this has been done, on this scale, but at the same time its been like less than two months and the shows went from 4x a week to 2x a week, alternating days, production had been suspended, halted, restarted, cursing has been removed, and who can even remember all the other weekly PP drama that goes on. Anyone would feel jerked around by that, i think. I dont mind this direction tho, as I am more likely to watch AMC now. I enjoy binge viewing.

Ive never had that issue with my binge viewing, eating, drinking or sexing. Im just a binger, i guess. I would love a block of episodes all released at once, its how I watch most TV. Even DAYS, as good as it is right now, I try to have a few hours stack up to bust through. I have very, very little appointment TV and when I do its more out of fear of being spoiled (Scandal, Mad Men, Pretty Little Liars) than anything else.

• Members

In the long term, I like this. I found the whole Monday/Wednesday thing to be a little confusing since this isn't on tv, but hulu. I'm glad I'll know both episodes will be up monday and I can watch when I want to. However, Carolyn Hinsey made a good point on Facebook, WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO START PROMOTING the *STORIES* on these shows?! I'm sick of all this production press. Start talking about the actual stories so lasped viewers have a reason to watch. Put out some updated promos and get them on tv, etc.

• Members

I think they've had the actors out there doing a lot of press, but I think there could be a lot more. Frankly the soap rags - the actual magazines - seem befuddled by the shows' return, while the online press, well, we've been over that schizophrenia. They love that they're back but for at least 50-60% of the time they hate that it's not on their terms.

I'm not sure how you up that profile. I would think it would start with getting more people on TV, as they did at launch.

• Members

I guess they are going to do a test to see how many fans stick around with ONLY once-a-week showing, what this new change will do with ratings ,etc.

Ah, the dragged Summer Slump is upon us big time.

Longtime dedicated and faithful fans who expected at least a 4 episode a week guarantee and got disappointed to the reduced 2 episode a week and now dwindling down to just ONE episode a week, well, what does this say about any hopes of a longtime future for AMC and OLTL? I wonder.

They are splicing and dicing up the scenes alot with the editing, for sure.

Will people just walk away and leave the ABC finale the finale for them?

Will AMC and OLTL be declared ineligible for next years Emmy's? Will the Academy have to go back to the table and reverse their decision to allow the shows to compete with all the others who are on 5 days a week with 30-60 minutes each day? Will AMC and OLTL not have enough airtime, minimal episodes enough to compete and therefore may not be eligible next year or any year? I wonder what the Academy is thinking with this new change. Would all the other shows have legitimate reasons for complaining and/or filing a complaint with the Academy to argue against AMC and OLTL not being qualified to compete against them???

Many longtime fans watch because they are used to and expect a 4-5 day a week show and not a skeleton only 1 day a week thing now. Daytime fans see all the other shows on 5 days a week with 30-60 minutes every day to invest themselves into characters. AMC has a restricted and limited cast with many missing characters and holes/gaps that cannot be filled in a 1 day a week thing. The problem with PP is running this very high risk with longtime fans alienating them and disappointing them with yet another reduction to 1 a week and seeing the numbers drop off significantly losing the longtime core fanbase of the show. Keeping the longtime faithful and attracting new viewers has gotten PP backs up against a wall now. I am concerned with that. PP has got to start worrying about that, especially with the Summer Slump going on and still having 3 months to go until new writers have new material ready for us.

• Members

I totally agree with all of this. The media, including online media seem to be neutral on these shows, maybe perhaps since PP has made so many changes along with the union mess too. Maybe getting a little burned out with one change after another change.

I do think that due to this very extended hiatus with 3 more months to endure until the new writing teams has their material ready to go, the actors should spend a little of their summer to continue to do press and encourage those to watch the show. Maybe after July 4th, some will do that. Cady McClain is directing a film right now and I am sure that the actors have other projects in the works and busy too but some of them have got to get out there once again and do some more promoting (pushing) of the show and try to keep the longtime faithful interested in them so that they will stick around.

• Members

I totally agree with all of this. The media, including online media seem to be neutral on these shows, maybe perhaps since PP has made so many changes along with the union mess too. Maybe getting a little burned out with one change after another change.

I do think that due to this very extended hiatus with 3 more months to endure until the new writing teams has their material ready to go, the actors should spend a little of their summer to continue to do press and encourage those to watch the show. Maybe after July 4th, some will do that. Cady McClain is directing a film right now and I am sure that the actors have other projects in the works and busy too but some of them have got to get out there once again and do some more promoting (pushing) of the show and try to keep the longtime faithful interested in them so that they will stick around.

Give the dedicated and faithful longtime fans reason to want to continue watching the show with ONLY 1 day to watch. They have expected and yes, some of them actually demanding a 4-5 day a week AMC show that they are used to and came to love in the first place. PP has said they are worried about losing key core fanbases of longtime fans.

Give the dedicated and faithful longtime fans reason to want to continue watching the show with ONLY 1 day to watch. They have expected and yes, some of them actually demanding a 4-5 day a week AMC show that they are used to and came to love in the first place. PP has said they are worried about losing key core fanbases of longtime fans.

• Members

Probably fans out there who feel very jerked around at this point. There are shows that are 5 day a week, 30-60 minutes each day and here it has now dwindled down to just 1 day and less than 60 minutes - only 48 minutes with combined 2 shows, not even 60 minutes only once a week. Pretty soon AMC will be a 30 minute show only the rate things are going.

Everything is on 1 day. 2 episodes back-to-back on 1 single day only.

Archived