Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

New episodes of AMC & OLTL to be posted on Mondays

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 OLTL_fan

OLTL_fan

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

http://www.soapopera...oltl-on-mondays

Still 2 episodes a week but both episodes of each show will be available on Monday starting next week. 

Edited by Errol, 25 June 2013 - 05:04 PM.
Edited linked article

#2 Vee

Vee

A Chinchilla Of Doubt

• Members
  • 11,551 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

Whatever! Fine by me.

#3 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,766 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

I don't think this instability is the best idea. 

#4 greens_dupres

greens_dupres

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

Ok whew thought they were cutting to 1 a week. Guess that was the whole "for the moment" language in their email yesterday. Another change looks kind of crazy but I think I actually like this schedule better than the staggered especially with the short eps. I don't know- whatever they have me no matter how its scheduled so my viewing habits are irrelevant. 

Edited by greens_dupres, 25 June 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#5 OLTL_fan

OLTL_fan

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

Sorry Errol, I looked and didn't see it reported here. 

#6 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,705 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

Is PP schizophrenic or something? WHY does this stuff keep changing every 2 weeks? Id find all this inconsistency more of a turn off and more likely to make people tune out

#7 OLTL_fan

OLTL_fan

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

So how are we going to do the threads now?

#8 Vee

Vee

A Chinchilla Of Doubt

• Members
  • 11,551 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

It's not a change to the episodes per week so I can't get that fussed. I agree they should stop changing the schedule for a while, but it's not as big a deal to me as, say, cutting two per week or removing profanity.

It sounds as though it's reactive towards people still wanting binge viewing - they got complaints about daily viewing being enforced when they cut to two per week, so now there's this. And I don't encourage hyper-reactivity, but at the same time I'm not gonna complain about being able to watch an hour a day of OLTL. So whatever. As long as they're not cutting the episodes per week again I've seen it all before at this point.

In any event, I'm sure the self-appointed sages will do plenty of hyperventilating for me for about eight hours before moving on to something else.

Edited by Vee, 25 June 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#9 alexisfan07

alexisfan07

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

This is so strange, whatever lol

#10 Angela

Angela

Veteran

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

They're probably still not getting as much viewers as they hoped for with the alternating schedule. It's clear the shows gets their highest viewership on Monday and then fall off. That's true even on television with serialized drama. There's very little competition Monday morning, due to lack of new Sunday night programming, on Hulu during the summer too. It's not a terrible idea.

#11 Dee41

Dee41

Recurring

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Um..I thought they didn't like viewers binge watching?  isn't that why they cut down to two episodes week?

Edited by Dee41, 25 June 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#12 Errol

Errol

Editor in Chief, Soap Opera Network

• Webmaster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,546 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

My new way of thinking of the TOLN soaps is by calling them the "schizo soaps." I can't anymore...

They might as well just release AMC and OLTL as 1-hour shows at this point. Why bother spreading out 2 episodes to release on Mondays? I mean, is it even worth it? 

Sorry Errol, I looked and didn't see it reported here. 

It didn't hit the boards yet. No worries.

#13 Angela

Angela

Veteran

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

Um..I thought they didn't like viewers binge watching?  isn't that why they cut down to episodes week?

Reading between the lines of business spin, the reason they cut the episodes is most likely because they weren't getting enough views to get the necessary returns they need.

They might as well just release AMC and OLTL as 1-hour shows at this point. Why bother spreading out 2 episodes to release on Mondays? I mean, is it even worth it? 

They really might as well.

I expect that announcement this time next month ;)

#14 Dee41

Dee41

Recurring

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

Can we keep the thread structure pretty much as it is. Maybe Monday we have a thread for AMC and Tuesday we have a thread for OLTL,. I feel like having separate threads for each episode posted on Mondays will get chaotic. Or create one huge monthly thread for both shows similar to the rest of the soaps.

Edited by Dee41, 25 June 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#15 London

London

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

Is PP schizophrenic or something? WHY does this stuff keep changing every 2 weeks? Id find all this inconsistency more of a turn off and more likely to make people tune out

Exactly, this is getting annoying.

#16 OLTL_fan

OLTL_fan

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

Can we keep the thread structure pretty much as it is. Maybe Monday we have a thread for AMC and Tuesday we have a thread for OLTL,. I feel like having separate threads for each episode posted on Mondays will get chaotic. Or create one huge monthly thread for both shows similar to the rest of the soaps.

We can just do 1 thread for each show a week and that's it. 

#17 Errol

Errol

Editor in Chief, Soap Opera Network

• Webmaster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,546 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

At this point, starting next week, both soaps WILL have a weekly thread. Daily Threads are done!

#18 Vee

Vee

A Chinchilla Of Doubt

• Members
  • 11,551 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

I have to spend the next several weeks immersed in dozens of films and deadlines, it's ninety degrees here, and I can't settle on a sleep schedule. So at this point they could show my soaps on the back of a giant luck dragon as it sails through the skies of Brooklyn and I wouldn't care that much.

I was already well-immersed in the Land of Magical Thinking when AMC and OLTL came back from the [!@#$%^&*] dead, and were actually good - anything else is gravy to me. Yeah, I'd like 'em to stop changing it. No, at core nothing much has changed for me viewer-wise. And I got far bigger fish to fry this next month, so I can't really care.

#19 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

We can just do 1 thread for each show a week and that's it. 

Though will people who want to spread out their viewing get grumpy about spoilers?  I thought this meant originally they woul send one One Life and one AMC on Mondays and ten both on Wed.  Oh well--though I agree it seems odd.

#20 Angela

Angela

Veteran

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

Though will people who want to spread out their viewing get grumpy about spoilers?  I thought this meant originally they woul send one One Life and one AMC on Mondays and ten both on Wed.  Oh well--though I agree it seems odd.

If they don't want to be spoiled they should not go into the threads until after watching the weeks worth of episodes. A weekly thread is actually a good idea regardless of the lack of scheduling with each show. It's only two 20-24-minutes episodes a week for each show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users