60 all-time greatest soap moments-TV Guide

• Members

Ridge's paternity was a joke...

Others not on the list.....Shelia holds Lauren hostage...Who shot Jill Abbot...Who shot Victor..hell it was in primetime tv.....lol......Lauren vs Tracy rivalry ....any scenes with them...those were golden......if they are doing so many rape moments..what about Margo's?? Lily and Holden's first meeting....Paul shoots James to protect Emily.......

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thes a few days moments that should be above ones chosen. Even from the same story - marlena as the serial killer was nowhere as shocking or great as Maggie's murder or even Alice welcoming her to the island. Tho it was good so I'm not upset.

And what moment of Mar being possessed? Or the Kristen/Susan craziness? Those were stories not moments.

Sami walking in on mar/john, carly first being buried alive, belles patrinity reveal, the arrival of gina, Sami confronting Nicole, Will telling his parents he's gay (and Sami walking out!) were better choices than some from days (not saying all should be on the list, just in place of some of the days picks). Mar is killed by the Salem strangler should be higher than mar possessed IMO.

• Members

NOTHING from GH circa 2000s is on there after all the stunts they pulled tongue.png Not really a big surprise. But, I personally would've put a few things on there if I could...for one, Sonny outing Claudia at her birthday bash was EPIC. IDC! I waited over a year for this showdown & it still never gets old watching it biggrin.pngsad.png

"Say whatever you want about me, whatever your little robot hitman tells you. Everybody in this room knows you let your kids run wild, you let your kids get shot at and It's YOUR DAMN FAULT that your son was in that warehouse in the first place!-"

"DON'T YOU EVEN MENTION MY SON, AFTER WHAT YOU DID TUH HIM, YOU PSYCHOTIC PIECE UH TRASH!" Sonny went IN! The last time Maurice really gave his all, IMHO.

• Members

These lists always suck - unless they're a collection of opinions.

But this one sucks more so, considering it's a compilation of 60 entries!

I'm surprised (well, not really) that B&B didn't crack the top 20.

I also think the definition of 'greatest soap moments' needs redefined, if he think PSNS' hermaphrodite Vincent being impregnated by his own father is "great". Or Marlena being a serial killer.

I think Ridge not being a Forrester was a shock plot twist, and I can see why some may define that as being a "great moment", but as Carl (and others) have said, it was hollow and ultimately meant nothing. Was it ever referenced in the last 5 years? Making Ridge a Spectra would have had so much impact, but long term it would have become hollow, too, considering the Spectrta clan were all written out with little thought involved.

• Members

As far as finales go, I think Jo and Stu's simple last scene on SFT is greater than J.R. going postal or Sloane facing the firing squad (which Soap already did, though it's nice to see Capitol even make the list... Sloane and Trey's wedding at the Jefferson Memorial is the more dazzling pick). I say this as someone who's never seen a full ep of SFT. It was just that powerful to me.

Pine Charles, I think Bianca in her hospital bed reading Mona's letter with Erica wiping tears away (chill bumps just writing it) is even greater than Mona's beautiful service.

I think Dorian smacking Viki with the truth about Victor and Tommy emerging ("You! Stupid! Ugly! Bitch!"), throwing Dorian down the stairs and cracking her ribs deserves to be on the list.

And no Beverlee McKinsey love? Alex roasting Roger at the country club on the fourth of July as someone mentioned, or Mac telling Iris that she was adopted. I've only heard a few audio clips of the latter, but some pretty fantastic stuff.

• Members

Sadly, it has been forgotten just how important a character MA's Jack Deveraux once was. Back in the early 90s Matt Ashford was the most popular actor on daytime. And this was after Jack Deveraux had once been the most hated character on the show (MA won an SOD award for outstanding villain).

Jack learning that he was Billy Johnson was definitely one of the biggest moments in soap opera history. I also think Kayla taking Steve's patch off for the first time was an all-time great scene.

• Members

Steve and Alice's weddings on AW were HUGE soap events in their time. I can't imagine one of them not making this list. At least Linda Dano got some love. But what about Crystal Gayle escaping The Sin Stalker due to her super long hair? LOL! That's what I'm talkin' about!

Archived