60 all-time greatest soap moments-TV Guide

• Members

Logan seems to have mixed views on rape (he agreed with those who defended GH turning Jax's rape into a hahafest), so that may explain the placement.

The PC vampire story was a shock value moment, and attached to a soap (GH, since they brought that crap over this year) he is always a big fan of, so that would probably explain it. I do think the initial moment was good, before Michael Easton stopped caring (after about three months), but I wouldn't have put it on the list.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On AMC in the early or mid 70s, Margo Flax had a facelift, as the actress (Eileen Lechtworth) had one in real life. I don't think we saw her in surgery, as we did with Katherine, but they showed her afterward.

I do think Katherine's was a bigger moment in soap history, but not something I'd have put on the list for Katherine.

I agree that more P&G should have been there. It seems like it's a list of shock value as much as actual quality. Stuff like Vincent is what caused viewers to flee soaps.

• Members

I don't find Ridge's paternity a particularly engaging or memorable moment. It just got a shoulder shrug from me. It's not like it was discovered that Ridge had Spectra roots or something...the Marrone's weren't a huge deal. Had Massimo been on the show for 4 or 5 years or at the beginning like Bill Spencer or early on like Sally Spectra, it might have had more impact. As the story played out, it didn't seem particularly stand-out from where I was watching.

• Members

I think I saw a little over half of these in real time. Some I agree with, some not. Too much Reilly for me, except the one from him I actually liked---Vivian burying Carly alive! I was pleasantly surprised to see Doug eloping with Addie on the list. Don't hear that one referenced very often.

• Members

1.Luke & Laura's wedding-GH 1981 (Laiman/Racina)

59. Luke rapes Laura-GH 1979 (Marland)

This just proves to me what a hack writer Laiman really is/was...marry your rapist...ugh...even though the ratings were the highest for any soap.

• Members

Some moments I feel should've made the list:

Iva revealing to Josh that Lily is their daughter (ATWT)

Annie Dutton throwing herself down the stairs (GL)

Who shot Roger (GL)

James 1st return from the dead as aforementioned (ATWT)

Roger return from the dead (GL)

Holly, Ed, Mike, & Roger in Santo Domingo, the climax (GL)

Sheila crossing over to B&B

Dru revealing to Olivia that Nathan was boning Keesha (YR)

Who shot Jill (YR)

Corinth murders (LOVING)

Mac's & Ada's funerals (AW)

John's death: the first 90 minute episode (AW)

Josie/Serena Faraday shooting her ex on the court steps (EON)

Anything from The Doctors. . . .

Alexandra reading Roger the riot act at the Country Club (GL)

Archived