Under the Dome: Discussion Thread

• Members

utd_meetthecast_marquee_sp.jpg

UNDER-THE-DOME-First-Look-600x325.jpg

1354547814_dome1.jpg

under-the-dome-premiere-dw.jpg

Never read the book but the series is pretty good so far. It's a mix of Lost + a somewhat above average sci-fi movie + of course, any Stephen King production.

I think they packed a little too much into the first episode but I'm not complaining.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I recorded the premiere since I had other things going on but I'm excited to see it when I get home. I hope it doesn't scare me as I've never read the book either and I'm sometimes weary of television adaptions based off Mr. King's work.

• Members

• Members

CBS: "Under the Dome" series premiere (13.1 million, 8.2/13)

CBS packed a lot of people "Under the Dome" Monday, as the premiere of the series based on Stephen King's novel opened to more viewers than any summer series since 2007.

It was big enough, to give CBS a win in viewers for the night.

• Members

I was just about to bring over the ratings. You beat me to it, Soapsuds. Awesome ratings for any time of the year but very unusual for scripted television during the summer. I hope when the final ratings come in tonight, we find out it just edged out the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

I also hope they keep this at 13 episodes a season despite the ratings it ensures that the quality stays pretty good or even improves.

Uhm, that poor cow. I missed that scene. I remembered the show was on about 5-10 minutes in.

I was about to change the channel when I got the vibe this was Stephen King - I had only seen one commercial for it as I don't watch CBS - because his stuff disturbs me but I couldn't change the channel. I was a little bit scared but mostly intrigued and there appears to be good character driven drama simmering under the action and mystery.

For those who read the book, they've changed the reason for the dome settling over this place with Stephen's approval.

• Members

Harper's Island ( April 9 thru July 11, 2009) started out with 10.2 million viewers and a 2.6/8 in 18-49. It went down to 7 million, then 4 million, then 3 million viewers (0.8 to 0.9 in 18-49) in the 13 week process.

• Members

This was lovely! Such a sense of claustrophobia and it's somewhat uncomfortable to watch, but that's part of what makes it so great.

Mike Vogel could get it. So soapy that he ended up staying with the wife of the man he buried lol

You can tell there's going to be a lot of character stuff along with the sci-fi/mystery, so that's exciting.

I'm basically looking forward to seeing how everyone's story progresses, which is great.

And Junior is one good looking psycho lol

Archived