Question Regarding Agnes Nixon's AMC Bible

• Members

First, is it available to the public and has anyone seen it?

Second, I am wondering how much of it she transferred to AW and how much of it she may have recycled for OLTL. I know Sadie Gray was based on her maid and she once said she promised to create that character is she ever got her own show. Does that mean the character Sadie was in her AMC bible considering it was written before OLTL aired??

I also wonder how she describes Phoebe and Erica. I wonder what Erica was written like on paper compared to how La Lucci "Connected the Dots".

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Crap I tottaly Forgot!! I wonder what she (Agnes) thought about Bill Bell?? Did they even know one another?? I wonder if they ever worked together? Maybe during the transition from Agnes going from ATWT to GL and Bill to ATWT from GL they wrote together?

• Members

I am talking about 1959. Irna placed Agnes at ATWT back in 1958 (?) and Bill at GL around the same year. Irna then decided to switch them out because she knew they would flourish if Agnes was at GL and bill at ATWT. I think there could have been a period when they worked together maybe to consult one another about stories they had in mind before they switched permanently.

• Members

In one of Agnes' interviews she said Irna placed her at GL as a challenge and a bit of a punishment. The impression I got was that Irna was very happy to have only one successful soap at a time, and did not worry about the fate of her other 'children'. (Was GL the first red-headed step-child?)

Archived