OLTL - The Masquerade Party 1981

• Members

I'm thinking of all our beloved serials downloaded on the net, and so many of them have episodes from the early 80's, somebody somewhere has just got to have scenes from this infamous month long masquerade ball from ONE LIFE TO LIVE. The ball sticks out, at least in my mind, as one of ONE LIFE's most enticing moments that runs like a mini-disaster film with a vengeful ex-wife, party crashing jewel thieves, an ice storm...how can I relive it before I die?!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is it everydayrebellion on You Tube who, in addition uploading all things Beverlee, uploads the Viki/Clint love story? I thought I would see pieces of it there, but no luck. (Sigh)...This moment in the show's history has always encouraged me to incorporate a masquerade in my serial MADTOWN. I could learn so much from seeing it again, plus reliving my first real exposure to ONE LIFE when I was only five.

• Members

That story was the first I saw of OLTL. I remember not being able to believe it was weeks of the same party. I don't remember much about those days except Ivan Kipling, Lucinda, Katrina, the stuffy proper tall blonde lady who was a lead at the time (Pat?) and Asa's pal/assistant the cowboy. Those people stand out for some reason and they weren't even the stars of the show. But I can see Lucinda like it was yesterday.

• Members

Lol...I remember saying to my mom, by the second week..."we can't watch the show today, it's a rerun..." and she was like "No, honey, they don't have reruns"...I mean when you're a kid that type of thing goes on forever.

"The stuffy proper blonde lady" does indeed sound like Pat Ashley, but more like her sister Maggie who had an English accent. Ultimately Maggie had kidnapped Pat, tying her up and gagging her in a basement while wearing Pat's clothes, styling her hair the same and dating Clint Buchanan. Sorta like the story that happened on ALL MY CHILDREN between sisters Natalie and Janet, and the object of their attraction - Trevor!

Archived