Paula Deen

Eric83

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm shocked they dropped her, as she makes so much money for them and was already going on the apology tour. I wonder if there was something going on we don't know about, that they did know.

Most of the articles on this seem to be full of comments making her a martyr. I can see her getting a gig on Fox News.

This article is the type of love letter I'd been seeing, and one of the reasons I was surprised.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06/21/paula-deen-teflon-chef.html

Someone made a response to her first apology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dwSQTxS73C8

• Members

I wonder what the other FN stars are thinking about this matter....?

Giada: "I should have known her beliefs all along when at that network party she called me 'Mrs. Chef Boyardee' and ordered me to carve a stick of butter in the shape of the Leaning Tower of Pisa."

Barefoot Contessa: "Now I'M the chief big girl in this game! Good riddance, you hick! HaHa!"

Sandra Lee: "Whenever we stood right by each other, we resembled the number '10'. Anyway.... Cocktail Time!"

• Members

If it wasn't for Paula Deen, the Neelys would have never had a show (they aren't on Food Network, anymore, though), after they appeared on her show, they got a deal for their own. I know people want to pile on and label Paula an awful person, but she's pretty real on her show and her interactions with black people didn't suggest that she's this over the top racist. She hasn't even told her side yet and we know that lawsuits have a lot of muck that isn't always that truthful. I'm in the minority here, but I honestly can't hate on Paula Deen.

• Members

OK, honestly -

Do I think Paula Deen is some cross-burning, gigantic racist? No. But she should have known better, especially as someone in the public eye. Even to briefly (according to her) contemplate an "Old Plantation Wedding", with all-black servers, is irksome.

Other than that, I've ALWAYS found her disgusting (racist or not). Sorry.

• Members

People have the right to defend Paula and its understandable considering she's been such a loved figure for so long, but I dont get why people act like those that are appaled by her actions/words are wrong! Really? Like Im supposed to be a-okay with these recent revelations and continue to love her inspite of her degradation of black people? HELL NO, I dont feel wrong about being dissapointed in what Ive read and disgusted that it came from her and Im not sorry she got fired.

bc she has a great bubbly personality that is very welcoming and comfortable. She just gave off the image of a very nice grandma. Its really her screen presence and way she worked the camera that made her popular; not really her food, which always faced criticism.

anyways stuff I found on Tumblr

tumblr_mort76QgXU1qkra52o1_500.jpg

tumblr_morr8y2Jzd1qfs8r3o3_250.png

tumblr_morobmi7481qc654do1_500.jpg

tumblr_morr8y2Jzd1qfs8r3o1_500.png

tumblr_morr76qWdg1qd5ncro1_500.jpg

• Members

Starr @StarrFresh 2h

Murder She Roped #PaulaDeenTVShows

@FSUSteve: Who Wants To Be Emancipated? #pauladeentvshows

@BeyTomce: Avatar: the last cotton picker #PaulaDeenTVshows”»

The Klan Wizards Of Waverly Place #pauladeentvshows

#PaulaDeenTVShows Clarissa Enslaves Them All

So You Think You Can Run #PaulaDeenTVShows

Sooooooooop!!! @TheyCallMeSoopa 3h

#pauladeentvshows Who's the Massa

#PaulaDeentvShows Guess Who's Not Coming to Dinner.

@Stoop_Kid24: Are we free yet? #PaulaDeenTVShows

Ape❌ @Prophessor_X 3h

Honey I Sold The Kids #PaulaDeenTVShows

@kcaldwell1981: The Price of that nigga is Right #PaulaDeenTVShows

@A_OBird: Law and Order: Special Whip-em Unit #PaulaDeenTVShows" pic.twitter.com/8tU3pAgGti

Archived