• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pretty good show today.

Loved the Viki/Clint scenes. Glad Clint was smart enough to leave Viki alone. LOL. I don't understand why everyone is so shocked at what Clint did, it's Clint. I did like the fact that Viki was more upset over Natalie being hurt then the money.

I feel like a cradle robber but damn Jeffery (Corbin) has a nice @ss.

Could care less that Matthew is getting hookwinked, he deserves it.

How many more times do we have to hear that girl sing? UGH.

• Members

I think it's goofy that two handsome men like Matthew and Jeffrey would be hard up for dates in Llanview, that they need to resort to internet interrelating with some online personality...but the online personality has more of one than the recast for Destiny. I don't like her. I personally need a recast, anyone else?

• Members

I think she's okay. I am a little disappointed in the casting because the show went through great lengths to find good actors for the characters of Matthew and Jeffrey. I feel she was hired for looks rather than actual talent. LH's Destiny is more valley-girlish (reminding me of CKLily, YR) than I'd like but I'm willing to give her time. However if she doesn't improve (let's say in 6 months) the show needs to cut their losses and recast. The character of Destiny shouldn't be held back because of a subpar actress. As the only AA female on the canvas she deserves better representation than that.

• Members

I really do not like the Natalie/Destiny friendship. I was looking forward to it, but I was expecting Natalie to be the supportive older and wiser friend. I like that she's taking care of Drew for Destiny. I didn't mind them going to Shelter together. But they've structured this as though they're contemporaries. Natalie is a grown woman. It's ridiculous for her to be sitting around talking about making out with hot guys like a college kid and being advised by a college kid. And double dating? It's bad enough that they keep her tied to that loser, but now they've regressed her into the kid scene and her only romantic option is the guy who's apparently screwing anything in a skirt and can't be trusted with something as simple as not serving alcohol to a minor when the club has enough problems with cops all over the place. Losing Shelter's licquor license wouldn't be so great for business either.

• Members

I really hope we get some of Natalie in the supportive/older sister role with Destiny too but it worked for me today. Nat was crazy because of Clint and had her wine glass displayed prominently so I didn't mind ranting about John and giggling about Cutter while Des was the more calm, sage advice giver in this ep. And like we've all said- Destiny's had become a grown up faster so her 21 to Nat's 30? doesn't feel like such a gap. If she was giggling & drinking with Dani, I'd totally agree but I think this works in context. But the double date suggestion did seem kind of random. Hopefully when that rolls around or things progress with Jeffrey/Destiny, we'll get Natalie in the more experienced, older friend mode.

Love your idea that some of the Jack teacher stuff should be played comedically. I totally agree.

• Members

Natalie, though. John has been her whole life since Cris was shipped off back in '03. Of course, she'd be reduced to trying to re-capture the youth she lost during all those years with him. It's not out of the question for her to be attracted to John's opposite and try to mix it up with the young ones.

• Members

It's not out of the question. Nothing is out of the question. It's just insulting for the character and it's regression. That was my concern about this story. All of it. And every step of the way that seems to be what is happening. Melissa's comments in interviews telegraphed it. It's funny. One of the complaints about Natalie was that she was too immature. Guess they fixed that. Plant her with the kids. Next she'll be doing shots with Dani and taking Oxy.

• Members

http://www.hulu.com/watch/ad/223548?utm_content=7110788&PID=7110788&utm_source=cjlink&utm_campaign=cj-affiliate&AID=11172260&cmp=30&SHID=skim43079X1124188X5f30bb8b7a8a56ab27e8bc85cce49ea0&partner=cj&utm_term=11172260

New totally different preview for Tuesday on Hulu- except all the spoilers fit with Tuesday, 7/2 but then again today's spoilers fit partly with what we were supposed to be Tuesday. Wonder what MORE will shows us tomorrow. Oh Hula. Oh TOLN. You confuse me so.

• Members

They did have a throwaway line about how they shouldn't have opened Shelter extra early (why would they when it could make money as a restaurant?)

LOL at the queeny/bitchy expression on Jack's face when he was caught by Shaun.

To be fair, sometimes it happens--you just start talking to someone online you feel a connection with. I assume that's what happened to Matthew, but not sure why Jeffrey was talking to her in the first place.

Archived