Nielsen Ratings for the Daytime Emmy Awards

Soapsuds

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Networks bring in next to nothing numbers, especially reruns. Especially in the summer. What's the big deal in broadcasting the Daytime Emmys on ABC, CBS, or NBC during the summertime? Award shows are relatively cheap to produce. I don't get it. I'm sure they'd pull in 4-5 million viewers, which is higher than most NBC shows, reruns or first-run...

• Members

Good to see that the show was up over 2012! I love that it is telecast..even if its on HLN. For 2014, they need to drop the "on the couch interviews," drop any signing/dancing acts, get their crap together (make sure the teleprompter is in view, the envelopes are all in order and correct, etc), and they also need to show mini-clip montages of the Outstanding Drama nominees before commerical breaks (like 45 second montages).

• Members

Yeah, it'd be great if they built up the category momentum like they used to, by showing clips of the nominee's work and then showing them seated in the audience. I also liked when they'd individually introduce each nominee in the Best Show category with a lovely montage of that year. Oh well. It's still telecast somewhere, so I should be grateful.

• Members

I don't know the numbers for when they aired in the daytime hours, but I know they got some 21 million viewers when they first aired in primetime in 1991. I believe in 1992 it was around 21-22 and I think this was the year that it beat out the Primetime Emmys in total viewers. It was 1993 that they earned the largest audience. I think it was near or a little over 23 million.

Archived