Soap Rankings

• Members

1, Days. The show is working like it hasn't in many, many years. The entire canvas is being used for once. Will and Sonny, Ej and Sami, Brady and Kristen have been wonderful. Scenes like adrinne vs marlena and Brady and Nicole being friends with benefits add so much. The best is everything leads or ties into something. For example the video chad took of Sami running around like crazy is now prime evidence in her murder trail. It's great.

2. b&B. for one reason, Heather Tom is killing it and I can't wait for Katie to find out the truth.

3. GH. I am really liking Kiki and Michaels story. Carly getting Olivia shot has been interesting. Franco and Ava are not great but I'm untested. Nik/Liz/AJ is wonderful. I am really looking forward to Maxie giving birth. Then there is Connie and anything with the terrible teens.

4. YR. I don't think it's bad it's just a bore. But I am loving the Chelsea storyline.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1. GENERAL HOSPITAL A

2. ONE LIFE TO LIVE B

3. ALL MY CHILDREN B-

4. YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS C-

Watched Days of Our Lives when I was a little boy (1970's) and had no choice (grandma's show) but got out of that unhealthy habit circa 1987 at 16 when I realized how terrible it was and always would be.

• Members

AMC (no surprise--but this week sealed it for me.)

OLTL which is very closely under it.

DAYS. It's never been really my style of soap--and that hasn't changed. Just the style of camp (I guess I prefer Nixon camp--even before JER, DAYS has had that Bell style of camp that is dark instead of light and so seems more serious--like today with Kristen flirting in that ridiculous accent and wig), the music (!), and a few other elements. But I've found it very compelling the last few months, and I enjoy watching it--for the first time in a long time, it feels like I understand the characters and care about them.

It's hard for me to rank the rest. I still watch GH daily, but I have no idea why. Y&R actually seems to improve to me, but I only catch it a couple of times a week. And B&B is always good for a laugh--and in that case is very well done, but everything is so redundant, and the people behave like they live in some alien galaxy.

• 10 months later...
  • Members

DAYS: B- Too much Dannifer and Nick Horton. The production of the show scream cheap. Has gone very downhill since Kristen left.

Y&R: C+ The Cassie reveal was boring. Everything is boring. Mariah is the only good thing about this show.

GH: F It's GH.

• Members

Days - C-. The only decent story is Hope, Aidan and Ciara. Everything else is boring and uneventful

GH - D-. A hot ass mess.

B&B - B-. I guess overall enjoyable but very uneven.

For the most part, soaps today suck.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Days - I- It gets an incomplete from me because i am so far behind now.

GH - F- ..- Is there anything worse than an F-?? The show is the pits and the laughing stock of soaps right now. RC is an idiot.

B&B - B - Best soap on the air right now. If he did some good tweaking this soap could get an A. It is so close in passing Y&R for number 1 soap.

Y&R- F- Only reason it doesn't get an F- is because of Paul and Nikki scenes. Christine being jealous about Nikki is absurd...the rest of the show is one hot boring mess.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

DAYS: B+. They'd get an A+ if they stopped Daniel from driving story and his crapping pairing with Jennifer. That alone drops them a whole letter grade

Y&R: F. While Neil/Hilary/Devon is the ONLY bright spot on this show, every other story sucks major ass. The cult story, which easily could've written itself if we had capable writers, is a major flop. Phyllis' return is a major flop. Mariah wanting to blink Nick is gross on so many levels. No one cares about Jack and Kelly bumping uglies. And Nikki drinking again (for the 1000th time) just makes me wish she'd drop dead from alcohol poisoning already.

B&B: C+. Like DAYS, if they'd stop making the show all about Hope's rancid vag with the Spencer boys taking turns in poking it, all would be good. I commend Brad for creating and having B, C, and D stories, which has been absent from B&B in years, but I wish he'd rotate and show the other stories too. I don't need 30 minutes of Liam looking wistfully and Hope second-guessing her latest relationship.

GH: F. I'd rank this as the worst of the four. There are no bright spots on GH for me at the moment. Levi wanting those cheap ass pieces of jewelry from Claires is stupid. Sonny is pointless. Britt/Liz/Nik are a bore. The Jeromes (minus my Ava) are played out. Alice could've dropped dead for all that I cared. Hell, I thought she was dead. Fake Luke/Lukeisha/Luciana needs to die. TG needs to be put out to pasture. Someone needs to come in and clean house on this show. It's about a good 10 characters that should stay and the rest can go.

Archived