• Members

This episode was very good, interesting layers and building some intrigue.

I wonder if Jesse will try to pass off Cassandra's statement as being drug induced? Seems like Jesse has more than a few problems at hand here.

When Opal changed her mind about selling CM, it immediately came to mind that she was going to move into the same building as Pete. For some reason. Although I wonder if she had really intended to sell or did she want to inspire Pete to fight for the family home? At this point, the paperwork has been drawn up and signed (that was fast!), so if she does change her mind, it would be hard to turn back. If she discovers who the new owner is, will she try to break the contract?

That Realtor should be more careful who she facilitates a purchase for-- with Billy Clyde as the head of the Manor that place may end up being the Best Little Whorehouse in Pine Valley.ohmy.pngtongue.png

That new Doctor appears to have absolutely zero bedside manner. In that case, I hope he's a Surgeon and not a GP/PCP. If he's working closely with a Therapist (Dixie), it would appear that he's supposed to be the General Practitioner. I wonder why Jordi Villasuso is not in this storyline-- this would've been in Griffin's wheelhouse and it would've given the character a chance to interact with Cass and Lea. Hm.

Yes, please fix Dima's teeth. (in Russian, Dima is the diminuitive of Dmitry, I know he's not Russian but I'm lazy and it's cute). The character is greatly appreciated by me but the teeth are distracting!

I kind of like the fact that I don't know where Celia stands with Opal or what her motivations are. I'm not a longtime viewer and the last two years of AMC (when I began to watch), Opal was more like wallpaper, so I'm now enjoying the process of trying to figure her out. One of the few things to find interesting about Celia, the other being whether Dmitri knows her parents or her guardian. There was a brief moment of vague recollection on Dmitry's face. Perhaps he doesn't know Celia directly but perhaps knows of her through someone else?

I'm on the fence about the 2 episode per week format but looking at each individual episode, it looks like AMC is really starting to make good use out of the 30 minute format. No time wasted today.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jill Larson was thrilled to have Opal finally getting a house with the PP promo's leading up to the premiere of the show and now they are having her leave Courtland Manor all over again. I wonder why after all the hype of a new house for Opal?? Anybody have an idea???

Jill Larson was thrilled to have Opal finally getting a house with the PP promo's leading up to the premiere of the show and now they are having her leave Courtland Manor all over again. I wonder why after all the hype of a new house for Opal?? Anybody have an idea???

Only problem is that the younger viewers (PP target audience) are not getting a nice teen summer storyline as of yet.

• Members

Well, I'm really loving it. And today's episode was a great mix.

I'm just really appreciating the muscle behind pacing this show has shown from the get-go. Even when it was four days, I was ready for the next episode. I can't tell you the last time ABC had me feeling that way as consistently. And today's cliffhanger was no exception. These episodes MOVE.

Unlike some of you, I really think the show has given equal attention to all parties, the younger and older set. I think we had to spend time with new characters (the youngers) to set the stage. What we are seeing now, as edited as it may be, still comes from the old writers, so it is not as if there's been a shift due to BTS changes.

The returns of Billy Clyde and Dimitri have been genius. I believe Opal will have her hands full trying to get Cortland Manor back from "that monster" (or is it a flea-bitten whore?) tongue.png

I don't need all the past character mentions, but I"m glad when it would make sense and they do it, like today's Erica reference. It was necessary. I've been waiting for the A&J family mentions. Whether anyone wants to mention Hayley, Maria, Janet, Reggie, Ryan or Greenlee is as irrelevant as Whatever Happened to Alfred Vanderpoole as they have connections to no one on screen! So, sit down.

I agree with so many other things people have said, I'll just leave it at that.

• Members

Only problem is that the younger viewers (PP target audience) are not getting a nice teen summer storyline as of yet.

I like Randi. She came from a hellish background, in foster homes, etc. and she brought herself up at Fusion to become a top model (Denise Vasi is a top model and is currently filming Single Ladies 3rd season in Atlanta - 2nd year with the show). Frankie and Randi are a perfect match. I believe there was mention in the Finale about maybe she is pregnant so we will have to wait and see if there is a Hubbard grandchild talk.

• Members

I don't think the teens are being pushed aside. They're setting up AJ/Heather, Hunter is still causing trouble for Miranda, the Michael Cambias rape secret is still out there, they've filmed at the beach- I'm sure we'll see plenty of them this summer. Although if I was a teen with no soap history, I think I would gravitate more to OLTL but as someone who started watching both at 5-6, I can't really speak for the new viewer teen.

Denise Vasi is certainly very pretty. I didn't find Frankie & Randi to be a perfect match and didn't enjoy them at all because DV was so weak although I liked Cornelius lots. I can respect that you feel differently but I really don't think they were all that popular so I was surprised to hear her mentioned.

• Members

Calm down, I doubt Billy Clyde will live there for more than a few month--Opal will be horrified.

Teen storylines are not as important in the Summer for shows on Hulu--it used to be the only time teens were not in school when soapswere on was the Summer, not now. I think anyone who wants a teen story will be pleased with what's happening.

Randi's conception was fine (although it as a retelling the classic Donna--Billy Clyde's prostitute I think--being saved by Dr Chuck) Unfortunately the actress was pretty poor. But I wouldn't mind the character back--though I don't see her needed right now.

• Members

I am really liking the show lately but I still wish there was a Kane presence. That seems doubtful now though, unless they recast I think Bianca will be in DC giving a speech for all of eternity and it seems they cut the Kendall appearance. But at least I got an Erica mention.

Please, I do not want Opal/Dimitri to happen. Opal deserves better than Gal-Pal Erica's leftovers.

Archived